Getting Daddy Back

I walked into the students bathroom and everyone looked at me as I walked in. "What?"

"Isn't the ladies room a floor down and two doors to the left?" Maverick smirked.

I smirked right back at him. "Nice to know that you've already fucked enough girls in there to know exactly where it is." I turned and unclipped Wills vest and he did the same to mine. I chucked mine in my locker and slammed the door. "Nah, just they didn't have a ladies room for pilots." I said as I walked out.

I turned. "Oh and by the way, how did you two go?"

"We won!" Goose and Mav high-fived.

I just rolled my eyes and turned crashing into Ice's hard chest. I pulled away, giggling and walked past. Glancing back Slider had to push him through the door. I looked back at where I was going just in time to stop myself from crashing into Jester.

"Oh, hi sir." I say. Well this isn't awkward.

"Starlight, your father would like to see you." He replied, giving me an awkward smile.

I smiled. "Thank you for doing his dirty work, but if he asks for me again, don't waste the time. I only go to him when I want to, not when he wants to."

I pat him on the shoulder and walk over to my hotel room. I grab my other uniform, that I forgot this morning and changed there, instead of in the change rooms. I made my way back over and decided I would go and see my dad. I walked in without knocking and Goose, Maverick, Jester and Viper all turned to look at me. I stood there awkwardly in the doorway.

"I'll come back later." I said and turned on my heel.

"No you won't." Viper said and turned back to the boys. "Get out of here."

They walked out, me ignoring their glances. Viper turned to me and I glared at Jester who made his way out. "What do you want dad?"

"You flew well today." He commented. I just rolled my eyes.

"Yeah well if you had bothered to come see me over the years you would have seen some better flying that could give you a run for your money."

"Riley, I don't want to fight-"

"Yeah well dad, I'm afraid we are, and there ain't nothing you can do about it." I looked at him and shook my head, refusing to let the threatening tears exploded. "You went and watched all three of my brothers fly for years, and you never once watched me. I will not fall before you like everyone else, that you push around."

I turned and walked out, ignoring a listening Maverick and Goose. I went into the change room and wrenched open my locker. I grabbed my textbooks and huge mega writing pad and headed off to class. Ice stood outside the door. I looked at him.

"I saw you go in." He said.

I smiled and let him escort me to class. I sat, leaning up against Wills, glaring at the paper set in front of us. I looked around and Maverick was glancing me off. I shook my head and continued to look down at the paper. The answer popped into my head, right on queue and all of the answers flooded through my brain and leaked down through my arm, my hand and through the conection with the pen. They were all written on the answer sheet.

I popped the lid on my pen and walked to Charlie. She smirked. "That's a new record. Answers came a bit faster this time?"

I nodded and then took back the paper and made notes of it. She walked over to Mav and I did a double take. "A rolling reversal would work well in that situation."

He looked up and smiled at her. She just smiled back. Oh Charlie, don't crash and burn. "If I reversed in a hard cross, I could immediately go to guns zone." He argued.

"Yes, but the speed it's too fast. It's a little bit too aggressive."

"Too aggressive?" She nodded. "Yeah I guess when I see something I go right after it." She shook her head as began scribbling away on a piece of paper. "You didn't tell me who you were the other night?"

I looked back down and began again on taking notes. "You didn't give me a chance did you? You deserved it."

"Yeah I know, but you were tempted, to ask me out for dinner." Maverick said loud and clear.

I pulled down my reflective pilot shades and looked at him from over the top. "No."

"No?" He asked.

"No. I don't date students." Mav looked at a smirking Slider.

"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, then maybe you could." He smirked. I highly doubt anyone would trust you.

She pulled off the piece of paper she had been writing on and handed it to Maverick. I gaped at what was written there. "It takes a lot more than fancy flying."

Mav stood and gathered his books. Slider whistled. "Crashed and burned hey Mav?"

I glanced at Ice who just shook his head, sometimes, Slider just asked for it. Mav went to make a stupid fight starting remark but I stepped in. "Actually your wrong Slider, see that piece of paper in Mav's left hand? It's got a dinner date on it, for 5:30pm and Charlie's address."

I looked at him and he gaped at me. "What? How?"

"Keen eyesight, runs in the family. Helps with the flying." I said.

Mav's expression suddenly turned angry and he stormed towards me. "Why you little bi-"

Ice stood up, but I pulled back my left arm and punched Mav's cocky little face and he jerked away from me. I stood there, hands on hips and looked around. Even Charlie stood there astounded, looking at me. I gathered my books and ran out of the classroom. I heard footsteps behind me. I made it too my locker without exploding into tears.

The door gently opened and closed and soft footsteps came towards me, I turned around expecting Ice but it was Mav. A trickle of blood ran down his nose and over his lips. "Oh, I'm sorry about that, I-"

"No need." He held up his hand, he took a step towards me and I backed into my locker.

"Um, I joined the Marines, the Army, the Navy, before finally settling on flying." I looked at the ground. "I didn't want to do it because of my dad, but I've always had a love for flying, I guess. Runs in the genes." I stumbled over my words, when I got nervous I usually talked. I looked up at him and he was only an inch away from me. I begged him with my eyes. "Please Mav, stay away from me."

The door opened and I turned my head away so it didn't look like I had been about to kiss him, because I wasn't about to. "Let her go Maverick." Ice stood there. I sighed in relief that it was him.

My eyebrows knitted in confusion at Viper and Jester standing behind him. I looked at Maverick who backed down and went out the other side door. I took a deep breath and sighed. "Well it's been an interesting day. Punched someone in the face and now they want to kiss me? Weird." I shrugged and hugged Ice as he came over.

I looked behind him and Jester left. I looked at Ice and got the message, he went out the same door Mav did, probably going to run after him. I looked at my dad. "What?"

"You punched him?"

"Yeah I punched that motherfucker. He's a cocky little arrogant bitch." It was a relief to get all out.

Viper smirked. "So much like your mom." I stopped smiling. "Your stubborn like her."

"No, I'm stubborn like you." I said and turned back to my locker and closed the door.