Castles crumbling

~And you don't want to know me

I'll just let you down~

Tw: mentions of eating disorders

~Grace's version~

We arrive back home and head into the house. "Do you want to eat something? You didn't eat breakfast this morning." Taylor asks. I shake my head "No thanks, I think I'm just going to take a nap, if that's alright." "Ofcourse honey, if you get a nightmare or anything, you can just come get me, I'll be there for you." I smile at her and turn to walk up the stairs.

I don't actually want to go to sleep, I mean I'm tired, but I don't want another nightmare, especially with talking about everything today, I think it will just trigger one. So instead, I grab my headphones and turn on my favorite playlist, which just so happens to be all Taylor Swift songs. Ironic isn't it. Her music does calm me down, so I just leave it.

~

A couple hours later, around dinnertime, I decide that I can't hide upstairs any longer, and that Taylor will eventually make me come downstairs to eat.

After fixing my hair, I walk downstairs and find Taylor in the kitchen, as expected, making dinner. As if she feels I'm standing there, she turns around. "Hey Grace, did you sleep well?" I nod, and start helping Taylor put bowls on the table.

We sit down and Taylor grabs my plate to put food on it. "I can do that myself, you don't have to do that.""Well, I am taking care of you, so I want to feed you enough. And everyone just needs someone to do something for them from time to time." I just accept it, because I don't have the energy to fight it right now.

We start to eat and Taylor asks "How are you doing with everything that happened today?" "As good as can be, I guess." "Any panic attacks, nightmares?" "Nope, all good." We continue eating in a comfortable silence, I guess we are both just exhausted from today.

I somehow managed to eat the whole plate, and even though Taylor tries to hide it, she looks very happy about it. I think she is trying not to put too much attention on food and eating, in hopes that I eat more, although, my brain puts more than enough attention on it.

After dinner, we move to the couch, and continue watching the rookie. My anxiety calms down so much that I am able to fall asleep.

~

I wake up in my bed, not tired for once. I realise I didn't have any nightmares, and was able to sleep through the night. I can't even remember the last time that happened. I check my phone for the time, and see that it is already 11am.

I get out of bed and walk downstairs. I don't see Taylor anywhere, but she might be working or something, so I don't pay that much attention to it. I'm not even used to someone being around all the time, so I don't mind.

I grab a cup of tea and decide to go back to my room. I climb back in bed and just scroll on my phone for a bit, until I suddenly hear the doorbell ring.

I freeze and my mind instantly shot back to the day Ralph got arrested. I start to panic a little, because I don't even know if Taylor is in the house and I really don't want to open the door.

That question is quickly answered, because I hear her open the door and talk to someone. After she closes the door, she walks up the stairs and knocks on my door. "Grace, are you already up?" She asks quietly. "Yeah." I say back. "Can I come in?" "Sure."

The door opens and Taylor walks in, she sees my cup of tea standing on the bedside table. "Oh, you've been up for a while, did you already have breakfast? I never heard you come downstairs." "Yeah, and then I just got a cup of tea, I didn't know where you were, so I went back upstairs." I quickly lie, she doesn't need to know I didn't eat.