I - The Beginning

Most fairytales start with a princess who has a prince come save her... I wish I had that... A prince to swoop me off my feet and save me... But I am no princess... I am a girl who still lives with her parents helping them with the house...

Most girls my age, were married off... I know because my sister was eighteen and got married off to a rich man down the road from our home...

"Y/n!" my mother had shouted at me, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Yea...?" I say looking up from the book I was not reading at all. "I need you to go and clean the floors your sister and her husband are coming over..." my mother said, having a smug look on her face.

"Alright..." I say with a nod closing the book I held. I walked to my desk and set the book down there. I sigh and walk out of my room and into the kitchen. I grab a rag and a bucket of water.

I got on the floor and started cleaning the floors with the rag. Throughout the years... My sister was definitely favored by my parents. It was easy to see as well. My mother and father wanted us to marry off to the rich.

I wanted to have an education... They didn't like that at all. They believed it was for men only. But I never listened... I still don't listen... You see, I have the dream of being a well-known scientist... No one will forget the name 'Y/n M/n L/n.'

I smiled at this thought as I cleaned the floor. I don't want to marry anyway... My aunt actually never married... She believed the way I believed...

As I cleaned the floor I heard a knock at the door. I got up and picked up the bucket and put it to the side with the rag. I opened the door and saw my sister... And her husband...

I never liked her husband... He was... I don't want to talk about it... "Hello dear sister!" my sister said with a smile as she opened her arms for a hug. I hugged her and she hugged back. We both then pulled away and smiled.

My sister walked past me and me and her husband landed eyes together. "Hello Ms Y/n..." he said with a smile. My eyes scanned him. He had a mustache and wore what looked like it had cost a lot of gold...

He grabbed my hand and kissed it, and he smiled walking past me. I wiped my hand on my dirtied dress. I then turned around and saw the happy face of my parents once they saw my sister.

I scoffed and looked back outside. I might as well go out... I needed to return Mr Clark's book anyway... I nodded to the idea and walked to my room. I looked at my desk and looked for the book I had finished two days ago.

I then spotted the book that had the title 'A princess with a wish' . I grabbed it. I then turned to walk out of my room. I walked past my family members and to the exit. "Where are you going y/n?" I heard my father say.

"Oh, I need to return a book..." I say and my father eyes me for a little but nods and motions me to leave. I smile a little and leave the house. I started walking down the dirt path to the village. Our village was called 'Autmonvale'. It was a weird name, but I wouldn't judge.

Our ruler... Our king was King Eret. They were... I didn't really like them... I had my reasons...

As I walked into the village, I saw many people walking around. I then started looking for the bookstore. Mr. Clark was a bookkeeper.

I started seeing his little bookstore. I walked towards the doors and opened them. "Mr. Clark?" I call out to him. I then heard walking and I saw him. "Hello Ms. Y/n... But for the millionth time don't call me Mr. Clark it makes me sound old... Call me Alaric" he says.

I giggle a little and smile. Alaric was in his 30s. He looked good in his 30s though. "What brings you here today?" he says with a calm smile. "Just to bring back a book" I say as I walk to him and hand him the book I was holding.

He took it and smiled as he scanned the cover. "Oh... How did you like this one?" he asked as he looked back up to me. "It is as good as the rest of the books I have read from here" I say. He nods and says, "that is good to hear."

He then turned around and walked to one of the bookshelves putting the book in the bookshelf. "Would you like another book?" he asked, looking back at me again. "Oh... No... I already have another book I am reading" I say with a soft smile.

"Oh, what's it called?" he questioned me. "A princess with a dream" I say, and he nods. "I don't think I have read that yet..." Alaric said. "I will bring it if you want to read it?" I ask, raising my eyebrows slightly.

"Oh, that would be wonderful, dear," he said with a smile. I nod and say "well I better get going... My sister and her husband are over..."

"Oh... Your sister is there? Can you say hi for me?" he asks. I nod and walk to the doors. "Goodbye Alaric!" I say with a cheerful voice. I heard him shout goodbye as well as I opened the door and left.

I start walking down the path to my house. But I stopped once I looked towards the crowds of people surrounding something. I was curious about it... I walked towards the crowds. I saw they were looking down at something.

I shoved through some people and said my sorry's. I then saw they were staring at a dog kicking it around... "Hey stop!" I shouted at them angrily and pushed the boy who was kicking it.

"What is your problem? It is just a stupid mut" the boy said with a smug look on his face. "How would you like it if I kicked you on the ground and started kicking you!" I shouted at him, and I kneeled down to the dog.

"It's ok buddy..." I say to it, and I pet it slowly. I looked back at the boy and the people angrily... They seemed angered by me as well. I looked back at the dog and scanned it. Checking if it had any wounds.

The dog was a white and had brown spots around it. The people around me had started walking away but the boy didn't. I looked back at him and saw he was glaring at me.

"You are-" he started to say something, but the sound of horns went off... Oh... I stood up and the dog stayed by my side. The dog started to whine because I wasn't petting it anymore.

I stared at the place where the horns sounded it off. It meant the king was coming to the town. Our king would come out to town and look around or if he wanted to arrest someone...

You see we had taxes in this town... Taxes have been really high recently due to war... The kingdom of 'Black Meadowvale.' They wanted our kingdom here... I had no idea of the ruler there though.

The taxes here were horrible though... If you didn't pay them, you didn't deserve to live. So... We basically have to pay to live...

Everyone started to bow, and I went slowly down. The laws here were strict... You would think our king would be good. But he wasn't at all... The dog laid down as if they were bowing too... I smiled and giggled at that a little.

I then heard walking and saw the guard's pass. With the king... They were going somewhere... I wonder where... The king himself had a sword... He would execute people himself... I would prefer they didn't execute people though.

Once they had passed, I left my bowing permission. I then looked at the dog and smiled. I wish I could keep it, but I knew I couldn't. My parents didn't like animals. I sighed and petted the dog one last time before I started walking home.

I looked at my dress and swiped off the dirt because of the ground my dress had touched. As I was out of the village and closer to my home. But my eyes had widened once... I saw the king and their knights there...

(Author) Hi :)