VIII - Bad memories

"Bad memories?" I ask tilting my head to the side. Tubbo nods and sighs looking down a little. "What type of bad memories?" I ask as I walk over to the cave wall and slide down it sitting on the rocky floor.

"You want to know?" Tubbo asks as he sits across from me. "Sure... You don't have to tell me if you don't want to though..." I say looking down at my hands. "Well... The ruler of the kingdom we are heading to stole something from me and Tommy..." Tubbo says.

"Well, he stole more from Tommy though..." Tubbo adds. "Oh..." I say softly... "What did he steal?" I add as I lean my back against the wall of the cave. "Our friend..." Tubbo says with a sad tone.

"Your friend...?" I say with a sad tone to it. "Yea..." Tubbo says looking down at the ground. "Is your friend still..." I started to say but stopped. I didn't want to trigger something and make Tubbo even more sad...

But Tubbo seemed to already know what I was going to say. "I don't think he is..." Tubbo says looking back up at me... "His name was Ranboo..." Tubbo says with a soft smile. "Ranboo?" I repeat what Tubbo said. He nodded smiling.

I looked around a bit and said "Tubbo... I will get your friend back..." I say. Tubbo's eyes widened and he tilted his head a little. "But how would you-" he started and I cut him off. "Just believe me..." I say with a smile looking back up at him.

Tubbo seemed to be happy by me saying this. He nodded and looked back at the ground... I truly didn't know if his friend was alive still... I also think he didn't know either... 

My mind soon drifted to Tommy... What has Tommy lost more? He lost his friend what else could he have lost?

As I thought this I heard stuff being thrown down. It made me and Tubbo flinch to what it was. There stood Tommy with all the wood on the floor. "What are you two doing?" Tommy asks curious.

"Talking," Tubbo says standing up and walking to help Tommy. I stood up as well and went to help. "What do I do?" I ask. "Hm... can you look around the cave and find some rocks to start the fire?" Tubbo asks.

I nod and turn around looking around... I saw a few little rocks in the corner but they were too small to even be used to start a fire. I then looked to another corner and saw bigger rocks. I walked towards the rocks and picked them up.

These rocks were perfect to start a fire.

I walked back to Tubbo and Tommy. "Got some," I say with a smile. "Alrighty!" Tubbo says grabbing them. Tommy had made the sticks into a tent-looking thing. Tubbo had started hitting the rocks against each other to make friction. 

I saw sparks come off the rocks onto the wood but no fire started. Tubbo stopped and started thinking. "It isn't working..." Tubbo says. I went to thinking then... A thought popped into my brain and I nudged Tommy.

"What?" he says looking at me. "Do you have a dagger I can borrow?" I say and Tommy squints his eyes like he did before at me. "Even if I did why would I-" he started to say but I cut him off. "I know how to get the fire started... Please...?" I say but at the end, my voice went softer. 

Tommy looked at me for a bit and sighed taking something out of his pocket. He handed me a dagger and I smiled kneeling to cut some off the dress length off my dress. 

"What are you doing...?" Tubbo says confused. "The fire needs something to start with... Fire can't start with wood... It has to start with something more flammable?" I say. Tubbo nods listening. 

As  I finally got the length of the dress cut off I put it on the ground and gave Tommy his dagger back. I motioned for the rocks I gave Tubbo and he handed them over. I started hitting them together trying to cause friction. 

I smiled once it sparked and the dress I had cut off went into flames. I put the burning dress by the wood now and watched the fire explore the wood. I smiled and stood up dusting my hands off.

Tommy seemed mesmerized at this and Tubbo looked at me with wide eyes. "That's cool! how did you know how to do that?" Tubbo asks. "I read it in a book..." I say giving a smile to him. "I won't lie that is cool..." Tommy says.

I look at him and giggle a little... "But I can do better," Tommy says as his ego returns to its natural state. I sigh and look back at my low-cut dress. It needed to be shortened anyway... It was a pain walking in it.

I yawned as I looked outside of the cave and saw it was pitch black out now. "We should get rest now..." Tubbo says and I nod to that. I look around for a place to sleep and walk towards the place I was sitting before.

"I'll keep watch..." Tommy says as he leans against a wall. Tubbo nods and says "Wake me up later and I'll watch..." Tommy nods and breathes out slowly. 

I lay down on the ground looking up at the cave's ceiling... I knew tomorrow we would be in that village... I knew I had made a promise to Tubbo that I didn't know if I could keep. I knew Tommy had a lot more taken from him...

I blinked a few times and I looked towards where Tubbo had laid down and went to sleep. I was shocked to notice how fast Tubbo had fallen asleep. I sat up and looked to see Tommy just looking outside.

I hugged my knees while I looked at him. He must have felt someone staring at him and he looked at me. "You don't need to be creepy you know? woman" he says. "Sorry..." I say looking away a bit then back to him. 

"Just go to sleep I won't let anything harm all of us..." Tommy says. "No... I am just not tired..." I say with a sigh. "Not tired?" he asks... "Yea... I mostly read books to go to sleep... I have issues with sleeping..." I say. 

"Oh..." he says with a soft tone. "Why?" he asks curiously as he slowly slides down the cave's wall to the ground. "I-I don't know honestly..." I say and Tommy scoffs saying "I thought you read books?" 

"I do... I just haven't found an answer..." I say and Tommy nods. "You're not alone... I have problems sleeping as well..." Tommy says. My eyes went wide a little. "You do...?" I say with a little shock.

"Yea..." Tommy says looking up at the ceiling... 

(Author) AYEEEE TWO CHAPTERS IN ONE DAY. WOOOOOO MOTHER MARK OUT.