IV - Save a friend

I took out all the money and put it in my bag... I won't let Alaric get killed... That was my goal in mind at the moment... 

I walked out of my room in a rush... I had to go to the castle... This may be a very dumb idea but... Who cares... I walked to the front door and left. I saw Buddy sitting outside waiting for me... Like he knew what I was on my way to do.

He got up from his sitting position and wagged his tail. "You're going on this journey with me? Buddy?" I asked. Buddy barked two times and I smiled softly and nodded. "You seem to care more about Alaric than my family does..." I say.

I started walking up the dirt path to the village then I would able to make it to the castle... It was late at night but... It is worth a shot to try now...

I started seeing the village and walked faster. Buddy was right next to me keeping the pace I had. As I walked through the village I saw the now burnt down bookstore... I would help Alaric rebuild it...

When I get him back of course... 

As I passed by the village down the now dirt-turning-to-stone pathway. I started to see the castle in the distance... The castle seemed well-kept as well. It would have made people think the king treated his village well as well.

He hadn't given us a damned coin...

I walked down the path getting closer and closer to the walls. I then heard Buddy bark and looked at him. "What is it?" I asked raising my eyebrow a little. He barked again and I looked to the wall. 

I saw a few guards there... Should I just talk to them and see if they let me speak to the king...?

I started walking towards the guards but then had to stop one had shouted. "Stop right there you- Oh I know you..." the guard said. He had a voice I remembered the annoying teenage voice...

I then looked to the guard right next to him... The shorter one... "I need to speak to the king..." I say with a shaky breath. "Well, you can't go back home..." the taller one said. "Sorry, Ms." the shorter one said.

"Please I need to..." I say with desperation in my voice which is very clear. "Tough luck..." the taller one said. "Sorry, Ms." the shorter one said again. I sighed and turned around walking down the path. 

But I stopped when the guards had looked away from me. I ran towards the wall and walked around it. Buddy follows shortly behind me... This will be the stupidest decision of my life...

I looked to see a crack in the wall... Maybe I could fit through it...? I squeezed inside the hole which fit me... I made it past the wall and smiled. I then saw Buddy was having trouble though...

I sighed and kneeled to his height. "Listen Buddy stay out here and I will be back with Alaric," I said confidently. I then stood back up straight and walked through the nicely cut grass and flowers.

I then walked to the massive doors... I pushed them but I didn't succeed though... They had locked the castle doors... I guess I wouldn't blame them it was nighttime...

I then backed away from the doors and looked around the huge castle... Maybe find a window? I walked around the outside of the castle now... I looked to see a window and walked towards it...

I pushed on it and it opened... I looked inside of it and then climbed on it. I looked around the room I was now in... It looked like a maid's dressing room... I then closed the window and walked out of the room...

I peeked around and saw I was now in a massive hallway... I took a deep breath and started walking around... Now what do I do now...? Maybe I find Alaric and break him out... 

I nodded to that... The king hadn't listened to me before why would he listen now... I walked down the hallway looking for any sort of dungeon-looking place...

I knew if I didn't find Alaric he would be executed on Tuesday... The king had an execution day even though he killed people on other days... He likes the horror on people's faces as they surround a hanging man...

I walked slowly down the hallway... I was surprised to see no guards at the moment... I walked and walked until I saw stairs... Maybe...?

I walked down the stairs that spiraled down... I then entered what looked like a dungeon. I smiled happily and looked at each cell...

I then saw him and smiled happily... "Alaric!" I whispered and shouted. He looked from the ceiling to me and sat up. "Y/n...?" he said confused by my presence. "What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I am here to save you!" I say with a very happy tone to it. "You shouldn't be here!" he shouted at me which made me frown... "But you're going to get killed if you stay here..." I say with a sad tone.

"You will get killed if you stay here!" he said with a worried tone. "I don't want you risking your life! just for me..." he says... "I am not risking it..." I say as I look at the cell door. 

"Stop being stubborn you have to leave..." Alaric said. I didn't listen and walked to the door. I tried opening it but as expected it... It didn't budge... I sighed and went to my dress pockets... I pulled out a hairpin.

I began trying to pick the lock... "Y/n..." Alaric said with a saddened tone. "Shut up..." I say which surprised Alaric... "I am sorry... But I will save you..." I say. I heard Alaric sigh and I looked from the lock to him with a smile.

I then looked back to the lock and went back to trying to pick the lock. I then looked to see Alaric's face who seemed horrified. I was confused until I heard a tapping of a foot behind me...

I gulped and slowly turned around to see a knight... Dang it...

(Author) Oop mission failed we'll try next time.