Chapter 15

Okay Vincenzo , I'm sorry ." He didn't turn to look at , he just continued signing the documents that were on the table . “ Are you gonna act like you can't hear me ?" He laughed and looked up ." Oh I can hear you pretty well , Tesoro ."

Then why the fuck is he ignoring me ? " I'm just waiting for your surprise. " What ? What surprise ? Before I could even ask a knock came through . “Accedere "

( Enter )

A tall black man in a suit entered holding a big gift bag . I suddenly felt uncomfortable , something is wrong and I get vibes that I won't like this surprise . The man put the gift bag on top of the table .

" Partire . " Vince instructed .

( Leave )

My eyes never left the gift bag . The guy retreated and closed the door after him . I wanted to leave , but I know Vince wouldn't like that . " Aprilo , tesoro ."

( Open it , sweetheart )

" Vin- ” He held up his index finger .

“ Shhh , Aprilo ."

My eyes started to water . I know I won't like this surprise especially after what happened at the club yesterday . I stood up from the couch and walked to his desk . " I don't have all day , Tesoro ." I took the gift bag and took out a heavy black box wrapped with a red ribbon. It felt heavy and that made me anxious . I started by unwrapping the ribbon . This whole time Vincenzo was looking at me with this dark sinister look . I opened the lid . " Do you like it ?" He's sick that is all I can say .

" Vince , he did nothing wrong ." I asked as I looked at him refusing to look inside the box again . He came to me and took the lid from my hands and put it on the desk . "  Non apprezzo che tu difenda un altro uomo, specialmente uno con cui sei stata vista flirtare." He said as he wrapped his hands around my waist .

( I don't appreciate you defending another man, especially one you've been seen flirting with. )

" I wasn't flirting with him , he's was a  bartender , how else was I supposed to order drinks , I'm required to talk to him if I want drinks you know ?" An innocent guy died just because I talked to him . I don't see us working out if he's gonna keep doing stunts like this .

I try to get out of his hold . " Vince if you want us to work out , this has to stop , I can't take it anymore .

You literally brought a man's head as a surprise for me . I'm not gonna try to take Enzo away from you and I'm willing to give you another chance just stop this madness . Get help please , if not for me at least do it for our son . I'm t-tired of this drama . ”  He let's go and moves a step back . I couldn't tell how he was feeling or if I got through him . He had this unknown look that I couldn't explain .

“ In my world there's no forgiveness .”

“ So what then ? Will you kill me ? ” He smirked before nodding a no . “ No , my love . That's too easy . And it's funny how you want to give me a chance when you are the one that wronged me .” He smiled before turning to leave the room , before he opened the door he left me with the following words . “ We're getting a divorce.” Then he left .

What ? he can't . What would that mean for my son ? Divorcing me means I'm easy to get killed . I'm no longer under his protection . The only thing that is saving me is me being the mother to his only heir . I'm done for , I'm done for . I need the girls . I need a plan and fast . I need a person powerful enough to protect me .

Once the divorce is finalized, I'm no longer the most powerful woman . I'll just be a woman that has a child with an Italian Capo . I'm an easy target to hurt , to get through my child , to him . I need to get married . I need protection . I had just the perfect person in mind .

_______________

I picked up the black pen with gold engravings on it .

It was a beautiful pen that can do beautiful damage to a person . I literally wanted to stab Vincenzo with it . Why was he doing this ? A divorce ? “ Just sign the papers , Carmella ” He said as he was standing behind the chair I was sitting in . Fine , he wants to get rid of me ? Just wait for my next move Vincenzo King . I started jotting down my signature on the white papers with black ink .

“ I'm done , what's next ?” My voice cracked . Don't cry . We don't cry . I refused to turn and look at him . He moved from behind me to collect the papers .“ Now , you can be free like how you've always wanted to be . It's up to you . You leave if you want , just not with my son . You are welcome to stay just respect my rules . ” So he's done .

I stand up and walk out . Now my plan begins .

__________________

“ You what !” Screamed Jesse . Everyone at the cafe turned to look at us . I glare at her . “ Great job Jesse . We got everyone's eyes on us .” She smiled sheepishly .“ Sorry

Sky took a sip of her American Expresso before giving me a lecture .“You know what you wanna do is scary and crazy as hell .” I nod , yes .

“ You cannot marry the Capo of the Russian mafia . That's obscene . ”

“ I'm not doing this for the fun of it , which there is nothing fun about it . I need protection . Once the word that the Italian Capo is single hits the streets , I'm fried meat and I'm not prepared to leave my son alone in this world .”

Sky intervenes . “ You know he has a father right .” I roll my eyes . “ It's not the same you guys .” They both laugh before saying “ You're crazy ” in unison . I stand up and throw my plastic coffee cup in the trashcan . “ Let's go find this guy ”

_____________

“ How much more time do you need ?”  whines Sky .  “ Please get out Sky . I can't focus when you're blabbing nonsense .”
Sky lets out a frustrated sigh before leaving , probably somewhere where there's alcohol and illegal shit going on .

“ Yes ! ” I stand up rushing to her side . “ What is it ? You got him ?” 

“ Who am I ? Of course I got him .” I let out a relieved sigh  . “ Thank you , I owe you one Sky .”

“ Just buy me a car , before you say anything I know you can afford it .”

“ Yeah whatever ” She writes down the address .“ I'm coming with you . Don't argue .” It's no use arguing with her .  Now it's time for shopping . I need to look representable, after all I am meeting with the Russian don . And I need to buy this bitch her car . “ Are we getting Sky or ? You know she's gonna be worried .”

“ She's probably drinking right now . We are going to be entering a dangerous zone . She can come if you can get her to sober up before tonight . If not we are leaving her . I can't show up with a drunk person . They are not gonna take me seriously . This is serious , this deal will determine whether I live or not . ”

She nods . “ Got it , madam .”  I exit the
room .