Chapter 6

We landed in Italy. After I blacked out yesterday I woke up in the jet with a happy Enzo gazing at the clouds.

I tried to hide my bruises with make up on.

The ones on the side of my face caused by the fridge incident were covered, but

the one on my neck caused by the choking were showing a little.

I was scared people were going to think he is abusing me.

Well he's not. We're just.....just in a toxic relationship.

I hated when people think of me as a weak, helpless girl. I'm am strong.          

                     -yeah of course your strong

Oh shut up

                   -You ran away  from your problems and you say you are strong.

I wondered what his family would say.

If they would hate me or Lorenzo. No
My son did not do anything. He's innocent.

Vince held me closely to him while his left hand held Enzo. He hasn't spoken a word to me.

We walk towards the black SUV. What's with Mafia's and their black cars especially SUVs.

"Mama, when are we going to arrive at our new home?" We entered the car

and our driver drove off."we are going to-." Enzo cutter me short. "Is uncle Ian going to live with us?"

That question caused Vince to snap his head at me.

He gave me the -tell him to drop the conversation- look.

I could tell Vince was trying so hard to control his anger. He just hated ian.

Why, I don't know.

"Baby, uncle Ian is not in our lives any more, okay. Drop the conversation " he pouted. "I'm sorry, mama."

"It's okay." The car stopped and we were at the huge black gate and got out of the car.

Infront of us was a huge mansion. "Woah mama, how many rooms are here?" Before I could answer, Vince jumped in. " Their are fifteen."

I was happy that he wasn't angry at Enzo.

We walked towards the mansion their were guards standing  both sides of the door.

The door opened and there came out a woman. She looked like she was in her late forties.

"Oh my dear son, I missed you so much." The woman ran to Vince and hugged each other.

That's his mother?

I know I got married to him, but I've never seen his mother before. They said she was on a business trip.

She was there for  a whole 10 months.

" Oh Madre, I've only been gone for a few days." They broke their hug.

Vince turned to  me and Enzo who was standing next to me.

" Madre, meet my wife  and son. Carmella and Lorenzo." He went over to me and snaked  his hand on my  waist.

I can't believe he acts as if nothing happened back in Africa. He acts as if  he doesn't need help with his anger.

Bloody Bastard

"Hello, sweetheart. I'm sorry I missed the wedding, but when I came back you were already gone.

Vince said you needed space from the whole mafia thing. But I'm surprised you came back with an heir to the throne.And ready to be queen."

Wow. An heir to the throne.

Turns out you're not the only person they lie to.

Bloody people.

"Yeah, but I've found myself I'm ready to be queen." I lied.

" That's good, darling."

She hugged me before she kneeled in front of Lorenzo to greet him.

It sucks not knowing everything that happens here. Well  Vince's family has always kept secrets, which was one of the reasons I left.

"Hi there, little one." She touched his cheeks playing with them.

" Hi, but please don't call me little one. I'm a man, right daddy?" He looked up to Vince. Vince smiled at him and nodded.

" Okay okay, c'mon let's go inside. You guys must be tired."

*************