Chapter 9

Song - Cake by Melanie Martinez

Reagan's POV

When I got back to my dorm I just laid on the bed and cried. I didn't want to believe Soyoung but I could tell she was telling the truth.

It's been a few weeks since Soyoung told me about Jiyoon and I've been wanting to talk to her about it but she's been so 'busy' lately. I had a plan I needed to execute also due to some new insights.

"Hey babe", Jiyoon said as she walked into our dorm. "Hey, hey what's wrong? Babe? Why do you look so annoyed? I told you I was busy with that project Mrs. Kim gave me, after the lecture."

"Are you cheating on me Yoon?"

She stayed quiet for some time before responding. " What no, why would you think that? Are you okay? Babe I'm not cheating on you, you know how much I love you."

She's lying, I could tell she was lying

" Why Yoon? And who is so much better than me that you would hurt me this much?"

"Babe what the fuck are you talking about, you know I'm not cheating on you, stop playing around", she yelled accusingly.

"You know, when you lie you bite the insides of your cheek. I know you're lying Jiyoon but why?"

"Are you sure you're okay? You might be tired with school and everything going on."

"Shut up and stop gaslighting me ok? I'm not stupid, I loved you so much and I don't know why you'd do that to me."

She stopped for a moment before finally admitting to it.

" Alright you caught me, yes I've been cheating on you. I don't love you Reagan ok? I used to really like you but then I realized I was just in love with the idea of being with and around you because you're the captain of our team and I got bored. You understand, right? When you and Soyoung were together I got worried that my fame on campus would decrease, I mean she's the richest student on campus. So I got you to like me, and when I noticed you had fallen for me I was disgusted, I like my freedom and you, you're just too clingy sometimes I can't breathe. I get that you fell in love with me but I think you should fall out soon. I think we should end this relationship Reagan, I honestly can't stand being with you anymore. I've messed around with other girls and they were enjoyable but I can't say the same about you so why waste my time."

"Then why go through all the trouble to convince me you weren't cheating?"

I asked, feeling broken and betrayed, well that's what I wanted her to think. Don't get me wrong, I was but it has been a few weeks since I've known so now I think I'm just angry.

"Because well you're the captain and I get a bit of spotlight being with you but now I realize that by breaking up with you I can actually be the captain. I mean you being the emotional person you are will probably have a difficult time adjusting. And when you slip up, I'll get what I want. So I'm sorry for breaking your heart but I'm just doing what's best for me. You should have known though I've always been this way. Oh and all those tears I shed when you were with Soyoung were an act if you were wondering."

"And as for Soyoung, well, I had to do something to get your attention so I drugged her drink that night and bribed her friend to mess around with her since I knew you were going over to her place. Damn, it was too easy. I have to pat myself on the back for being such a genius", She said menacingly.

"Jiho is it? Well he was quite easy to bribe or should I say blackmail. You see he might be a great guy but he has a bad past, he was kind of a drug addict so all I had to do was tell him I'd report him if he didn't do what I wanted so..."

"You know I did my research quite well, I guess she trusted him a bit too much."

And to think I thought Soyoung was the one I blamed for that night, I even went as far as to cheat on her. I'm glad Jiho was truly a good guy because he wouldn't have come to tell me the truth about what happened that night.

" Well you're right your cheating on me is going to wreck me but I'm going to prove you wrong Jiyoon. You of all people should know that since you know my background so well, I loved you but now that you've shown this side of you I'm going to make sure I show you how much of a monster I can be as well. I'm going to make your life on my team a living hell so you can say goodbye to being captain, or goodbye to being on my team period."

I didn't know where the courage came from but instead of feeling sad I became fueled by the anger built up from everything that had been happening to me. I should have seen it coming though especially with how distant she's been these past few weeks.

" What do you mean?" She asked with a nervous chuckle.

" Well you, you just confessed to drugging and blackmailing someone on a phone call to the dean and coach as well, not only that but the call is being recorded. So Park Jiyoon, what do you have to say now?"

The smirk she had on her face was wiped off and now quickly replaced with a look of worry. " no, no you're kidding. Rae you, you wouldn't do that to me." She replied nervously.

" This is the only school that would accept me because of how bad my academics were. My parents will kill me if I get kicked out."

She walked up to me but I walked away, looking down. " I'm sorry but you should have thought about that before Yoon. Please I think the dean needs to see you, you can leave now."

" How? How did you know?" she asked still shocked at everything that was going on.

" The guy you blackmailed came to me to talk about everything. You know, you really underestimated how much of a good person he is. He knew he was going to get into trouble but came to me regardless..."

With that she angrily walked out of the dorm, headed to the Deans' office.