4 [Scout]

Your body felt numb as you lay on the cool, leaf and pine-needle covered grass. The sky had been blue, one of the clearest days you had seen in a long time. No clouds dared to block the warm rays of sunlight that cast down through the trees. A light wind caused the leaves to rustle around you, bushes slightly shivering as the breeze passed through them. The air was comfortable on your skin, making you feel safe for a moment.

Though, as you continued to slowly blink, you took notice of how your vision was becoming progressively more blurry. The world around you seemed as though it was always spinning, and you felt as if you were going to throw up. Nausea came first, and the pain came second. Your legs were burning and your right wrist was twisted. Your head was pounding and it felt as if it was going to split in half. Your tongue was dry when you opened your mouth to gasp for air. Pressing it back up against the roof of your mouth, all you could taste was blood.

Your squad had been completely wiped out. An abnormal had come along and destroyed your squad, eating a few, and just killing the others. You had gone for the nape, though the titan had been a lot faster than you had anticipated. One of the thing's hands came up and swatted you right out of the sky. It grabbed the line from your ODM gear, but let it go once it saw that you had hit the ground. You watched as the ugly thing ran off. Its face contorted in a twisted grin as it noticed a red flare go off in a different direction. You thanked whatever being may reside in the sky that it did not notice your shallow breaths and soft whimpers of pain.

With what little energy you had left, you twisted your head to look down at your right hand. There was no sugarcoating the obvious broken wrist you had. It made you want to gag looking at it. Though, a broken wrist would heal. It would have been the least of your worries. You wanted to sit up and look at the rest of yourself, but the idea of sitting up was agonizing. When you tried to, a sudden realization hit you.

You could not move.

Your heart might as well have jumped from your chest as your widened eyes stared back up at the sky. Your head could move, but you could not bring yourself to move anything else. The fact that you felt pain was a good sign. However, you did not want to give yourself hope if the answer was to be grim.

Slowly, you raised your head the best you could to look down at your feet. That should have given you most of your answer, but you wanted to be sure. One of your feet was laying sideways, where the other had the toe of your boot pointed towards the sky. You tried your best to keep your head steady as you started to move your foot. When you saw your boot move, relief flooded through you. Your head dropped back down onto the grass beneath you as tears began to fall from your face. They started happily as a smile came to your lips. Though, the longer you lay on the ground, the tears began to fall much more harshly. They dripped down the side of your face and ran down to your ears. If your squad had not been wiped out, you would have felt better about your position. Someone would have been alive to talk about what had happened, to tell the Commander how you went out. Captain Levi would know that someone made it, that someone was strong enough to live despite the horrible situation.

"[F/N]!" Someone's voice pulled you from your before-death sulking. The tears continued to flow from your eyes as you moved your head. You could not see anyone.

"Hey, over here!" This voice was different, higher pitched.

Your body was suddenly light. Your head was aching, but the pain had begun to slowly disappear. Someone would find you just in time to watch you die. Your heart hurt as your eyes closed for a few seconds.

When you opened them, three people stood over you. Armin's large blue eyes looked over you with worry. The expression on his face was grim as he pressed his ear against your chest. He was checking your breathing. He said something to Connie, and you watched as he smiled, relieved at what Armin had said. The two of them stood up and said something to someone you could not quite make out. The person stood just out of your vision, and their voices began to fade into the back of your mind. You could barely hear them. It sounded like you were underwater.