Chapter 12 - Overflow

Samill's POV

I went about my business like it was nothing but on the inside I was scared and stressed out. Xavier got a little distant, he did not show up at the house or the spa for over a week so I gave him his space.

Garrick finally showed up like nothing was wrong and I pretended just the same. I went to see him at his apartment and he was much calmer. He kept telling me that I was pregnant but I was sure I wasn't.

He was hot and cold and I became tired of it. One moment he would love bomb me then never heard from him the next.

It was well known the date of his father's funeral and I tuned in. Some pictures made the internet but nothing gave much information about his life.

"Miss Gayle yah guh wedding?" Shelly asked as she walked into my office with a tray of oils and towels from a previous massage.

"Who is getting married?"

"Yuh remember the big group we had last week?" she asked and I tried hard to remember. I have been out of it so much that I didn't even keep up with my business like I should.

"Not sure. Refresh my memory."

"Well one of the ladies from the group is getting married, apparently she is rich and getting married to another rich man." she swiped through her phone, then pushed the screen to my face. A very familiar face came up for sure.

"Oh, Amelia Latchford?"

"Yes and she is getting married to one of Kingston's finest bachelors. What a lucky woman?"

"What makes him Kingston's finest..?"

She pulled back her phone and tapped the screen some more and started to read. " Well his mother is Melissa Muir, his dad was rich, like rich rich and his brother is the artist Chalkline."

My heart almost came through my mouth but I held it together. I could not allow Shelly to see me out of character.

"Really?"

"Yes, but I thought you would know this since I have seen Chalkline here a few times and—"

"Shelly he was here on business, I know nothing about his personal life. Honestly, you are telling me everything I didn't know."

"Oh, well me fass bad and I was fascinated by Amelia Lacthford from when she came in here. Her lifestyle is to die for. Now she is going to be the envy of nuff uptown girls."

Uptown women don't really sit and worry about the next woman, they just move on to the next man and maybe still take that man quietly to keep up with their lifestyle. However I will allow Shelly to believe what she wants.

"Yes? Well that's society for you."

"Lawd, according to the media, Amelia has the three richest last names in Jamaica, Azri, Latchford and now she will be married to Muir, oh , plus she is affiliated with Walker."

Garricks name again, I wanted to throw up. He was really giving me serious anxieties.

"Congratulations to her then, rich always marry rich."

"Yeah, for real. Wonder if I can land myself a Muir or Azari?"

I laughed just to make her feel comfortable so she could keep talking. I did not pay much attention to these things because I didn't care but now it was of interest.

"You might be able to do that, a couple of them pass through here quite often."

"That's what I noticed. Yesterday one came here and he was smiling at me. Nathan Latchford, he was so dreamy, just like his cousin."