Chapter 15- The Link

Chalkline's POV

"Who the fuck is this now?" I mumbled as I picked my phone up to see who kept sending me messages.

SL's Chat

SL: Garrick where are you?

SL: I'm not sure if you are in Miami because I went to your apartment and you weremt there. Are you at your house?

SL: I can't do this.

Me: Do what?

SL: You finally answer. Garrick what's going on?

Me: I had something to take care of, I will be back in a few days.

SL: You could have said something to me. We had a couple good days and then you disappeared.

Me: I'm sorry, I will call you as soon as I get in.

SL: Is this about the baby?

Me: No, it's not. I told you I was happy about our baby.

SL: Then you start acting strange. I really don't know if I can do this, you are making me scared, Garrick.

Me: Could you just relax? I told you I will be there soon, just give me some time. I promise, just relax and take care of you two.

SL: Ok, I will take your word for it.

Me: Ok baby, I love you.

SL: Love you too.

Ends Chat.

Frustration made me throw the phone so hard it almost slid off the desk. I was at my office early mornings and late nights just so no one would see me. Kelly was only one, here knew I wasn't really in miami.

A lot was going through my head, I wassn't sure where it began and how it would end but I knew for sure that everyone that played a role in getting to this point will pay, one way or the other.

Kelly entered my office with her key, she had to pretend that she was taking meetings with me in here or cleaning just so no one would be suspicious.

"I want to be alone," I said before she even closed the door.

"Unfortunately, that's not an option right now. Have you eaten anything all day?" she asked and I lifted a bottle of blends that I had in my office fridge.

"That's not food, remember you weren't blessed with weight, height, talent, charm, also a to die for smile but not weight, you have to eat. I will order something for you."

"I have no appetite so don't even waste your time."

She took a deep breath and sat on her favourite spot, the top of my desk, right before me. "Looking at you, living like a ghost. You need to take care of yourself."

"How!" I snapped at her. I tend to do that alot lately, I snap at everyone. This is one of the reasons I don't go around the kids because it was hard for me to control my emotions and I was easily triggered.

"This is not you Garrick."

"I'm afraid it will never be me." I ran my hand over my face, trying to wipe away all the torment in my head. "Imagine, knowing that the last man your wife kissed wasn't you."

"I know it hurts Ga—"

"You don't know, trust me you don't even begin to know the pain mi feel every single day knowing the woman I love was out in public kissing another man, right before she cut left me and her kids."