You're Useless

Caedmon

"What do you mean you lost them?" I fumed with anger as Dagon hung his head in defeat. "They somehow knew we were coming."

Suddenly I pushed against the wall with my hand gripping his throat. "You're useless, I should just kill you right now!"

"Sir, please forgive me. I'll find them. Just give me another chance." The little shit has been good up to this point and I also knew I shouldn't underestimated Maya's ability. I glanced at Warin.

"Find them and bring them both to me. Both of you! I don't want to see your face until you are dragging them in," my voice dripped with venom. I released Dagon and he gripped his neck before he scurried out of my study with Warin behind him. Maybe he should take heed to my warning. These imbeciles were fucking up my plan. I walked out of the door and down the spiral stairs leading to a cold and wet underground where I kept a few humans prisoners. A sly smile spreaded across my face.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I have something special planned for you all," I smiled viciously. " I really hope you all like my gift. I took my time planning this just for you." I listened, satisfied at their fear. This was all a power game. Power that should've been mine from the beginning. Humans were made to be slaves to us vampires, not living among us. I needed to create a new world order, but I had to make humans and vampires turn on each other for that to happen. Control is a powerful tool and I wanted that power. The power to control humans, control Ivy Court, and control all other realms. I will have all of the power to do rule over every human and vampire. Once I have Maya in my possession, then I will be able to complete the very last part of my plan. I walked over and knelt down towards the shivering woman who was protecting her child. I brushed my knuckles against her jaw. "There, there. Don't be afraid. It won't be as painful. You and your little brat can be renewed and work under me or you can continue to be a human slave until you both die. I'm sure you don't want nothing happening to your little one, is that correct?"

She nodded. "Y-yes, sir." A tear slip her eye and I wiped it away.

"Good. When the time come, you will do what I say, understand?"

She straightened her shoulders. "Yes."

"Good." I stood up and dusted off my pants.

My anger from Dagon's fuck up didn't subside, I wanted to sink my teeth into something. I scanned the cells and closed in on a man sitting in the corner. Poor little human. I wasn't sorry that he had to be the one to die. I strolled over there and with an authoritative tone, I commanded, "Get up." He quickly stood up as I waved my hand and broke the lock on the cell door.

I walked inside and I could feel his heart beating erratically. A nice healthy heart, full of blood. I shifted as I was now standing in front of him. I didn't give him time to plea. I suddenly grabbed his neck and bit into his jugular vein draining him until he turned gray. I heard the screams of other humans as I continued to feed my thirst. After I was done, I let his body fall and I turned left out of the cell. "Let this be an example of what will happen if you disobey me."

I had a desire to become the most powerful vampire and I plan to invade every realm in hopes in creating more vampires and having humans as slaves.

When I returned to the shadowy depths and father castle, a wicked smile appeared on my lips. "Soran!" I called the former human now turned vampire. In an instant he was at my side.

"Yes, sir?"

I fixed Soran with a deadly, cold gaze. "Find them! If Dagon does not succeed in finding them first, then you'll be my new second in command. I want you to bring them to me."