Chapter-53

A few months later.

Shehnaaz's mother started living with them. Sidharth forced her to come with them, as they didn't want to leave her alone in Amritsar. They are now living under the same roof. Her mother apologized to both of them and started showering her with all the love that was hidden in her heart for them. Both Rida and Agastya were happy to get Nani's love. She was cooking tasty meals for them, and they were in heaven. Sidharth was enjoying food from his mother's hand after so long. He got a little emotional when he ate food for the first time. He missed his mom. Her mother consoled him. He found the warmth of a mother in her arms.

Rida and Adi were studying law in college. Sameer tried to contact Rida. She was confused about her feelings. She didn't answer his calls. Rida and Adi were coming out of the college when she stopped on her tracks and saw Sameer standing near his car, waiting for her. Adi clenched his jaw.

"Rida, baby, why aren't you answering my calls?" Said Sameer while holding her in her hands. Adi looked at their hands, and he turned his face to the other side.

"Are you angry with me?" he asked.

"No, I was a little bit busy," she made an excuse.

"Ok, let's go out for lunch," he said.

She hesitated first. She looked at Adi, whose eyes were showing disappointment. She sat quietly inside the car, and they went away from his eyesight. Tears started spilling out of his eyes.

Agastya and Aadhya were in 12th grade. He was helping her secretly. His parents supported him. He was happy that she started sharing things with him. They used to share their lunch during the lunch break. They are best friends now. She was laughing more these days because of him. He never made her feel insecure about her weakness. She was an open book in front of him. She used to respect him a lot. She still remembers the day when she got her period in school. He got her pad from the medical room, and he walked behind her to hide stains from the eyes of people. He used to drop her off at home regularly. They used to walk to her home.

Today they were walking to her home like a normal day. They stopped on their tracks. They were amazed at the sight in front of them. The things of his house were broken and scattered on the ground and the goons were throwing out more things. Aadhya's mother was kneeling and her father was folding his hands in front of a man. Aadhya started crying and ran towards her mother.

"M...maa.. ye sab.." she stammered.

"Meri bachi.." her mother cried and hugged her.

"Mujhe thode waqt ki aur mahulat dedo mai kiraya de dunga" her father pleaded.

"Kitna time se tu ye ich bola..de dega de dega nahi diya na toh abhi ghar se nikal." The goon screamed.

Agastya immediately called Sidharth and told him everything.

"Mai kaha jaunga apni biwi aur bachi ko lekar" her father said.

"Sadak par ja ya kothe pe bitha.. apun ko ghanta farak nahi padta.." said the goon.

"Ehhh.." her father screamed and slapped the goon.

"Tune apun par haath uthaya madar***d" he screamed.

The goons started beating him up. Aadhya and her mother run to save him. Agastya also rushed to help them due to which he also got into a fight with the goons and was also injured.

Rida and Sameer reached the restaurant for lunch. She was sitting quietly. He was talking saw her lost in her thoughts.

"Baby.." he touched her hand.