Chapter Eight 🐉

*With Fairy Tail*

Gray's Pov

For some, I miss flame for brains and feel extremely protective of Natsu. " Gray, Lucy found us a
a job to do." Erza tells me. I nod, grateful for the distraction. As we head out on our mission, I can't help but feel a sense of pride in our team and the bond we share. " Erza, what do you know about Natsu?" Lucy asks Erza. Erza looks thoughtful for a moment before responding, "Natsu is a powerful and loyal member of our guild, with a mysterious past that only adds to his enigmatic charm." Lucy nods in understanding; her curiosity piqued even more about their fiery teammate. Zeref telports in front of us. " Fairy Tail, you can't do any missions until the dragon slayers shift back into their human forms." Zeref tells us in a serious tone. " Why is that, Zeref?" Gramps asks the dark wizard. Zeref's eyes darken as he explains, "The dragon slayers' powers are too unstable in their current state, posing a danger to themselves and others. Also, the lunar eclipse has started." " Gramps nods solemnly, understanding the gravity of the situation, as he begins to strategize a solution with the rest of the guild. " The eclipse will last for two days, and the slayers will come back. Now I'm going to explain the stages of the dragon mating season." Zeref says.

Zeref's Pov

" The eclipse will last for two days, and the slayers will come back. Now I'm going to explain the stages of the dragon mating season." I says. Okay, the first stage is uncontrollable magic and shifting into their dragon form and staying in that form until the eclipse is over. The second stage is heightened physical strength and heightened senses. During this stage, their bodies will be at their peak performance, allowing them to excel in battles and tasks that require physical prowess. However, they must also be cautious, as their emotions may become more intense and harder to control." I said, then paused for a moment, my expression serious. "The third stage is where they get extremely aggressive and protective of their mates, but for submissive dragons, their mates are the protective ones. In this stage, their instincts kick in, and they become fiercely territorial, ready to defend their loved ones at any cost. It is important to remember that they need to channel this aggression in a controlled manner, as it can easily escalate into unnecessary conflicts. Additionally, submissive dragons may experience a sense of security and trust in their protective mates, relying on them for guidance and support during this stage." I explain the third stage. "Now the last stage is the marking stage, which is where they mark their mate. This stage involves leaving a scent and mark on their mate to signify that they belong to them. This marking stage is a crucial part of dragon courtship and serves as a symbolic gesture of commitment and ownership. It helps establish a strong bond between mates and reinforces the territorial nature of dragons. However, it is important to approach this stage with mutual consent and respect, ensuring that both partners are comfortable with the act of marking. " I say. " got it." Fairy Tail says. " Now, when they get back, they will know who's their mate and do not separate them. The domainant mate will not be happy if you take their mate." I explain it to them.

*Time skip to two days later*

Lucy's Pov

The eclipse is over. We are all waiting for Natsu and the other slayers to return. As we wait, Zeref teleports in front of us. "Where are they?" Zeref demands, his eyes glowing with a dangerous intensity. I exchange worried glances with the rest of Fairy Tail, unsure of how to respond to the powerful dark wizard. Then we hear dragon roars. We hear them land in front of the guild. I walk outside and see them shift back into their human forms. They walk towards me, then pass out in front of me. " Shit, Lucy, right, that's your name." Zeref asks. " Yes, that's right." I reply. " Okay, go grab your guild because I'm going to need help getting them inside, and make sure to have fire, iron, lighting, shadows, poison, light, and wind that they can eat to replenish their magic." Zeref explains. I quickly gather my guild members and lead them outside to help bring the dragons inside. As we work together to carry them, I make sure each dragon has the specific element they need to replenish their magic.

Gray's Pov

" Can you explain why they are unconscious?" I asked Zeref. " During the eclipse, the slayers shift into their dragon form, and their magic is uncontrollable. So when the eclipse is over, they are left drained and unconscious. It's crucial to provide them with the necessary elements to replenish their magic and regain their strength," Zeref replies, his voice filled with concern. I nod, understanding the importance of taking care of our dragon slayers after such a powerful transformation. Zeref teleports away. Twenty minutes later, I hear groaning from Gajeel. "Aghh, my head hurts. Your highness, wake up." Gajeel says. Natsu and the slayers wake up groaning. "Aghh, my head feels like I slam into a brick wall." Natsu says, holding his head. I quickly rush to their side, handing them each a bottle of water and some magical energy-replenishing potions. "Drink these; it will help you recover faster," I say, hoping to ease their discomfort and speed up their recovery process. The dragon slayers nod gratefully, gulping down the potions as they start to regain their strength and energy. I sit by Natsu in case he needs any more assistance, ready to help in any way I can. "Thanks, Ice Princess," Natsu says with a grateful smile, his headache slowly fading away.

Natsu's Pov

Gajeel tells me to wake up. "Aghh, my head feels like I slam into a brick wall." I say, holding my head. Gray quickly rushed to our side. "Drink these; it will help you recover faster," he says, hoping to ease our discomfort and speed up our recovery process. Then we nod gratefully, gulping down the potions as we start to regain our strength and energy. He sits by me in case I need any more assistance. "Thanks, Ice Princess," I say with a grateful smile, my headache slowly fading away. I lay my head on Gray's lap because his ice magic is helping my headache. Gray's cool touch soothes the pain, and I feel a sense of relief wash over me as I close my eyes, finally able to relax.

Gajeel's Pov

I watch as Natsu lays his head on Gray's lap because of Gray's ice magic. "Gray, have you felt different in the four days?" I asked Gray. Gray looks at me with a thoughtful expression before replying, "I do feel a bit more irrational, but nothing too concerning." As Gray continues to use his ice magic to help Natsu, I can't help but feel grateful for his abilities. Despite Gray's slight change in behavior, I trust that he should be able to handle being Natsu's mate. "Did Zeref explain what happens after a lunar eclipse with dragon slayers?" I ask. " Yes, he did. He said that you guys will know who your mates are and should not separate them. The domainant mate will not be happy if you take their mate." Gray imforms me. I nod in understanding, grateful that they know that piece of information. "Gray, Fire Dragon's mate will be more irrational. Now, think about why you are being irrational." I tell him. 

Freed's Pov

Laxus has been sitting next to me. "Laxus, I'm having a hard time controlling my magic." I tell him. Laxus eyes widen at what I say. "Laxus, do you think it has something to do with the eclipse and dragon slayers?" I ask, hoping for some insight from him. Laxus nods, looking concerned. "Freed, you're my mate," he says softly, his expression full of worry. "I'll do whatever it takes to help you through this," he adds, determination in his eyes.