Chapter Two | The Devil Herself

I spent the whole morning getting ready. Weeks prior to school even starting I already picked out my outfits and jewelry. I spent a lot of time perfecting it to my liking. These past few years of being in highschool haven't been the greatest. I'm not popular, but not quiet either. I have a couple close friends and acquaintances. My best friend, Amara has been there for me since freshman year ever since I moved to New York from Oregon. She's the only person who knew about the abuse and everything else going on. She would and still does help me in so many ways. I cannot thank her enough for it.

The one person that I try to avoid, which I fail miserably at is Evelyn Carmine. Ever since the beginning of 9th grade, she's always picked on me. No, not the teen drama you see in movies or TV shows, she does everything in her power to make me miserable. She's rich because of her mother,  her father died when she was young. I feel bad for her in that aspect because I can relate in some way. I never bring it up to her, but she always finds a way to bring my past up. My mother's death was on the news and internet so it wasn't hard. She doesn't know the full truth about it, or my home life so she just makes things up.

Once I'm done with packing my bags, I put some lip tint on and finish it with lip gloss with a pucker face. I decided to wear black converse, dark blue bootcut jeans, a lace tank top, a long sleeve dark red shirt, finishing with a short black jean jacket. I wanted to dress casual, but with a little touch to it. It is the beginning of fall so it's a little chilly.

Amara said she was already at the school customizing her locker. I told her that was kind of strange, we're not in middle school anymore but that's just Amara. I hop in my black Acura in which my aunt helped me buy last year.

I made it to the highschool that's slowly kills me everyday. It hasn't even started yet, and i'm already waiting for it to be over. As i'm walking I see Amara running towards me, her arms open. "Oh my god", I said under my breath awaiting to be smothered. "Alethea!", she yelled. I hugged her tightly.

"You act like we don't see each other almost everyday", I snorted. She backs off with a smile.

"Yea, yea, let's go!" She said excitedly.

I never understood why she was always so excited for these things. One thing we do not have in common. She takes pleasure in the small things. But one thing she never fails at is making me smile. I hurriedly ran to catch up to her as she was almost at the entrance already.

"Are you ready for our senior year of highschool?", she says with a high pitched tone.

"I'm ready for it to be over", I joked. She just rolled her eyes. We walk in the school. Just as I was about to speak, I seen her. The worst person i've ever met. Evelyn.

She walks with confidence, per usual. She's walking in Christian Louboutin high heels, dark black straight jeans, a black tank top that is way too revealing, and lastly, a Michael Kors hand bag. I'm sure that whole outfit costs more than my life. The good mood that I was just in, diminished quickly just seeing her. So much for my outfit being good, I shake my head. I turn around to see Amara which is already smiling at me. She's had this weird dream of me and Evelyn for years, being in love with each other but we just don't know it yet. Yeah right. What ever fantasies she has, I want no part of it.

"Your girlfriend is already here", she shoves my shoulder playfully.

"Oh shut up, I would rather die than be her girlfriend, ew", I say in disgust.

"Okay, Okay enough talk about her before you throw up". She opens her locker we spent forever looking for.

"Yes, please anything but her", I say pleadingly. She just laughs. She talks about her classes and teachers people said were strict. A long with being the top of the school. "No more fresh meat", she says. I tell her to stop saying that, it's corny.