Chapter Twelve | No Strings Attached

Evelyn Carmine POV

I kissed Aleathea. The person who i've hated and despised ever since I was 14 years old. I didn't want it to stop either.

God what the hell.

I don't like her at all, so why did I feel the need to kiss my enemy? I have a boyfriend. Whom of which I seem to forget I have.

As the doctors left and told me to get some rest, Im alone with my thoughts. I have so many questions running through my mind right now.

Why was she here? Why did she touch my hand? Why did she make my face red?

I don't know why I felt the need to kiss her but I'm glad it ended when it did, because I don't know if I would have been able to stop.

In a hospital of all places? Did she worry about me? No, no, that can't be it. She made me forget about my accident earlier.

Which I am still pissed about. Leave me to get injured on my first volleyball game of the season? It was one of my teammates I didn't see her face because everything went black.

When I go back to school I'll make sure she never plays with me again. I could have died but it wasn't that serious. Just a mild concussion luckily.

I would have expected my mother to be here, but I got used to her never showing up per-usual. I could be dead and she wouldn't even care.

It makes me feel kind of bad, especially when I asked Alethea if she wanted me dead too. The look on her face was confused and hurt. I was just joking around.

Was I?

Sometimes I feel like everybody would be better off without me anyways. All I do is cause trouble and I wouldn't be missed I'm sure. Hell, my mother would be elated.

Aleathea noticed my mood change which is unusual and sat next to me. For some reason it meant a lot to me for something so little. I had to stand up.

I hate physical touch now. When my dad died, I was touch deprived for so long I became accustomed to it. But for some reason, her touch felt so comfortable, even if it was for a second.

That brings me to another question, how did she know I broke Alex's hand? Oh my god. She couldn't have said anything, right?

She wasn't mad about it from what I could see. She got this sudden confidence and got so close to me. I could smell her floral perfume. She always smells so good even after playing a game.

Her pupils were so dilated, you could barely see the brown and green in her eyes. I don't know what I've been feeling but it needs to stop. I don't like her, I hate her with every living fiber in my body.

But every time I see her, my heart rate picks up and I get weird tingles in my body. I'm straight, I would never be gay. So it can't be that. Plus, I have Damien, my boyfriend.

He never makes me feel like that but I love him, I do. He's off on a trip to Hawaii before school even started. I honestly forget we're in a relationship sometimes. What does that mean?

Nothing, I love him, and he loves me. Our two year anniversary is coming up in a couple of weeks and he will be home. I'm not sure what we're going to do, but honestly, I don't really care.

I totally forgot about the two year mark until now. There's nothing he can get me that I can't get myself. He's rich, like me, but not nearly enough.

There are so many kids who have money in our school it's insane. I chose to go to a public school to feel a little normal.

But Alethea, she does not have a lot of money. I knew from the first moment I laid eyes on her clothes.

*