Chapter Eleven | The Funeral.

Aleathea Montgomery POV

The paramedics roll out a stretcher while everyone is huddled around her body which seems to be lifeless.

I force my eyes away, I can't see them pick her up in the state she's in. I can hear everyone's whispers and voices in the crowd. The girl who hurt Evelyn is guilty just by looking at her face, you can tell. She's talking to the coach.

I hear one of the paramedics say she's unresponsive and that causes me to look again.

They have some plastic thing on her mouth to help her breathe. As they're pushing her away, they start cpr.

Everyone is surprised because this has never happened before. But I don't care about them, or the game. The only thing I'm focused on is Evelyn.

Just because I hate the girl doesn't mean I want her to die. I'm not that much of a bitch.

The coaches tell us the game will not be played and it ends as a tie. This is good because I'm leaving.

I hurry and change into the clothes I had in my locker. I walk out to the front of the school and get into my car. I drive as fast as I can to the hospital.

I don't know what's gotten into me but for some reason I feel the need to go. My heart is racing almost as much as my car.

I get outside of St. John's hospital and walk in. The hospital brings bad memories because of my mother, father, and grandma. I haven't been inside one in a long time because of it.

But for some reason, I ended up here looking for my enemy. I didn't think the nurses would let me into her room because of the condition I assumed she was in.

I tell her that I'm Evelyn's sister so they actually let me see her. It came so naturally to me and again, I don't know why.

My heart is still racing as I open the door. There she is, lying in a gown, underneath the thin hospital sheets. There's so many machines and noises. I know it's bad. There's some bandages wrapped around her head but that's it.

I totally thought from the blood and the amount of force, it would be bad. Maybe she'd be in surgery right now, but no.

I walk over to her slowly, my breathing regulating. But that doesn't last very long because her body jerks and she gasps very loudly. I panic and go help her in what ever way I can. Help, I mean flaring my arms.

She open her eyes and stares at me. She starts laughing so much her face turns red.

"What the fuck Evelyn??!", I say loudly.

She just scared the living shit out of me. To think she was dying, she's fine enough to joke around and laugh.

She slowly stops laughing while holding her head a little.

"What are you doing here?" she responds smirking but with a questioned tone of voice.

I kind of pause. What am I doing here? Was I actually worried? No, no, that can't be it.

"I was just here to see if you fucking died or something" I say. Honestly that sentence doesn't even make sense. I just say what ever comes to mind without thinking about it, consequences come later.