🌙Chapter 7🌙

(Forest's POV)

 I awoke with a start. I had been having a nightmare about test tubes and other science experiments. I looked up to see Catnap sitting against the wall, his tail just kind of limp on the floor. He looked troubled. I had decided not to try and escape after all, because Catnap could just capture and kill me endlessly once he found out that I was immortal.

He seemed kind of depressed and sad. "You good?" I asked. He looked over at me, and then away again. "Come on, I'm the only person here for you to talk to. Won't you at least say something?" He finally spoke up. "What is there to say? My brothers are in the clutches of a monster.." "What do you mean?" I asked. "I meant what I said. My brothers are in the clutches of the prototype...." He snapped.

I looked down, not even knowing what I could do to help at this point. "What if you traded me for them?" I asked, trying my best not to sound terrified at the thought of even seeing The Hand.

"Trust me, I thought about doing that for a long time. But I can't bring myself to do it. I'm not a monster." He replied in a voice so soft that I could barely hear him.

Although the thought of him even thinking about trading me for his brothers scared me, I still understood why he wanted to do it in the first place. After all I was the reason that his brother, the darker, more galaxy themed one was dead. If I hadn't intervened all those years ago, Nightlight would still be alive, possibly. I don't know but I think that Catnap still resented me because I was the reason that he had lost all those years ago. He had died, trying to save my stupid ass.

(Catnap's pov)

I sat there leaning against the wall for another few hours. I had given Forest a nightmare in order to see what she feared. I wanted to make sure that she wouldn't betray me to the prototype.

She seemed like she was trying to be nice but she was really more annoying with all the questions she keeps asking me. When I looked into her nightmare, I saw science experimental supplies. I knew very well what she feared now. Her nightmares lead back to a lab. The lab was always locked according to her nightmare.

I wondered if any of her other friends were still alive or if 1006 had captured them. One thing was clear to me, the prototype wanted Forest for a reason. I bet that he needed her for an experiment of some type. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if that was his intended purpose. 

He wouldn't have taken my brothers without a reason if he knew who I was. Based on the fact that it seemed like I was being watched when I went out, I felt certain that he had cameras all over this damned factory.

Even if I wasn't going to trade out Forest for my brothers, I still had to rescue them somehow. I needed a new plan but had no idea what I was going to do. I had no materials or access to any of the hidden experiments or experimental rooms in this factory. That was all locked up underneath the prototype's watchful eye.

After the "Hour of Joy" as they called it, the prototype had hacked the systems and taken over everything. That was part of the reason I had returned here. I was curious what went down. Now I wish I hadn't returned the first time. I didn't want to be here now either.

I knew that I could leave any time I wanted, but I was not leaving this place until I had my brothers with me, no matter how many times I died.

I untied Forest and left home sweet home. I needed some fresh-ish air. I knew that real fresh air wasn't going to get in down here, not at the bottom of this factory.

Before I left, I told Forest to do whatever she wanted. I didn't care anymore. My only mission was to find and save my brothers. My main goal was to kill the prototype but if I had to make a choice, I would save my brothers. Revenge didn't matter that much to me that I would sacrifice two lives for it. That wasn't who I was.

After leaving home sweet home, I decided to go explore the gas production area for possible tools or weapons that could help me get my brothers back. I snuck through the back area that was hidden behind all the bushes in order to avoid being spotted by any of the prototype's cameras.

"Right now, I could use my own Prototype", I thought to myself. As annoying as he could be, he was kind of useful in some ways.

I looked both ways making sure there weren't any cameras on me before I raced over to the door. Upon reaching it, I realized that it unlocked and ran inside. It took a minute for my eyes to adjust to the dimness of the room. After my eyes adjusted, I took a look around to see what kind of a room I was in. Seeing nothing worth investigating, I walked through the door to the left in the corner.

This room led me down a hallway directly into the gas production zone. I stopped after I reached the gas machines. "This must be how the other version of me has the same gas as me." My gas wasn't really a gas, it was my breath. Guess it was different due to the fact that we had different origins, as this dimension's catnap had been an experiment, and I was an undead entity.

As I investigated the giant contraption I was staring at, my tail accidentally clicked the big red button in the middle... I jumped back, ready to fight whatever this thing was making. Instead the gas started moving from the right tube over to the middle when the power went out- "That can't be good." I remarked out loud.

(1-0-0-6's pov)

Suddenly the lights went out.

"What the hell?" Phone child 1 called from her room. At the same time Cassen came running in crying. "Dad, the power went out and my tablet just died!" He wailed. I rolled my eyes in the dark. "It'll be fine Cassen. The power is probably just having a quirky day." He nodded in the darkness. "Oki^^. I'm going to go play now." "Go ahead", I replied.

After I felt sure that he had left the room I called for the two phone children to get in here. "What do you need, boss?" Olivia asked. "You two go find out what caused this power outage." I replied. "The factory doesn't just shut off like that. Something caused this." "Got it boss." Phone child 2 replied. After they walked out, I sat down, wondering what had shut off the power.