🌙Chapter 10🌙

(Forest's pov)

I was running. I didn't know what it was, but something was chasing me. Something big by the sound of it. After Catnap had left me in the home sweet home building 4 hours ago, I had decided to do some exploring. I wasn't afraid since I knew that he was nearby.

When the power went out though, I wandered through the darkness. It was a stupid decision. I know that now.

Within minutes I was lost- "Hello?" I had called out into the darkness. I shouldn't have done that. To be honest I think I was expecting someone friendly to answer, like Solar or even Catnap. The voice that answered me though was more of a raspy, dark and creepy voice.

So why did I go towards it? I still don't know.

I heard the voice get closer until I noticed that I was standing in the shadow of something big. I couldn't believe that I hadn't noticed it before but I saw it now. I looked up and all I saw was a pair of white soulless eyes.... I ran. I don't really know why, but the creature had seemed way too scary and menacing to be an ally. Soon I heard the creature's pounding footsteps coming after me. I didn't know where else to go, so I ran blindly through the darkness. I hoped the creature would lose me in the darkness but it seemed to know this place well.

I put on a burst of speed and took a misstep. I don't know what I stepped on, but I twisted my ankle and went down.

"ARGHHHH!!!!!"

I let out a cry of pain. It didn't matter if the creature caught me now, because I blacked out in the next instant from the pain.

(Cannon!Catnap)

I caught a little green smiling critter that had been running away from me in the darkness. I guess that she didn't know that the darkness was my home. Truly I felt just a little bit guilty about catching her so fast. After all, I did enjoy a good hunt quite well.

Either way, she had tripped over one of the fallen Bron lamps so I couldn't very well hunt her now.

I decided to do the only thing that I could think of, take her to my boss. I picked her up with my tail and dragged her over to my masters' layer. This would surely earn me some scratches behind the ear as a reward.

(Prototype's pov)

I waited until Bobby had left the room before I got up. I had to fix my mess. I had to fix what I had messed up with Catnap.

I grabbed my stuff and jumped out the window. I was planning to catch the next bus to the factory. Although I don't know why they still did a bus route past that place. It was old and abandoned. Either way, I was grateful that they still did bus routes past it. Now I didn't have to walk all the way.

I snuck through the back of the hotel's alleyway towards the bus stop. Throwing on a hood to hide myself, I checked the schedule on the wall to see when the next bus was running. I found out that the next bus was running at 5 pm. Meaning I had to hide out from my friends for 3 hours.

I paced back and forth so much that I think people started to get suspicious. I wanted to leave now before it was too late.

But I couldn't very well walk up to the bus manager and say "Oh hey my friend is in an abandoned factory and has a high chance of getting killed by The Hand that controls the toys there."

I think they would have thought I was crazy and called a mental institution on me.

I decided my best bet was to find someplace to chill for a couple of hours. I looked at the bulletin board next to me and saw that a coffee shop was open. I could kill off a couple hours at a coffee shop pretty easily.

I walked outside and was blinded by the sun. "Ahh, that's hella bright." I cried, looking down. When finally I could see again, I looked back up into the face of a kid- "Ahh monster!" He screamed.

I took off running before I heard the sirens. I knew the drill. Every one of the entities had practiced this drill before. If a human were to spot us we were to run or kill em. I knew that my best bet at getting away was to ditch the hoodie I was wearing and find another one just as quickly. I heard sirens going and people screaming, probably pointing in the direction I had run.

I ducked into a clothing shop that was nearly empty and jumped into a nearby rack. Soon I heard the police run into the store and start checking it. I steadied my breath and kept quiet. A few minutes later they left. "That was way too close." I told myself. "I need to be more careful." Looking around, I grabbed a random dark hoodie off the rack. "This is ugly asf but it'll have to do." I thought to myself.

Walking out of the store very calmly, I walked over to the bus stop like nothing happened. Upon reaching it, I saw a bus in place and a crowd of people were talking to the media. "Oh great- I'll have to be extra careful getting on that bus." I slid in with the crowd and slid on board the bus.

Using my gloved claw, I gave the bus driver 20$. "Sir this is way too much." He said. "Just keep the change", I replied, taking a seat in the very back.

This hoodie was way too itchy and I wanted to take it off so badly but there were too many passengers aboard right now. I leaned back, made sure my head was covered and took a nap.

(Hoppy Hopscotch's pov)

I stared at Bobby in shock. "You mean that? None of this is a trick?" She shook her head. "He told me everything. I really don't know what to do about it." She said, looking kind of sad.

Now I felt even worse for what I had said to Proto earlier. I had been rather rude to him and hadn't tried to stop and find out if he was ok.

Out loud I said, "what's he doing now?" Bobby shrugged. "Last I saw, he was sitting in the room, fixing to go to sleep." "Hmm, what if we go check in on him? He is still our caretaker and friend after all." I replied. This was my way of trying to make up to Proto for what I had said.

"Yeah I think that's a good idea." She agreed.

We both went back upstairs to our room. I knocked on the door to see if he was awake. There was no answer.

"He's probably asleep by now", Bobby said.

"He did look rather sleep deprived today." I agreed. We opened the door and went inside. It was dark. All the lights were off.

Bobby Bearhug came out of the room. "Hoppy?" I looked at her. "What is it Bobby?" "The bed is empty..." She replied.

"What do you mean? He isn't here?" I asked, confused. "Yeah Hoppy, Prototype's gone-" I turned white. He was gone? "Where would he have gone?" I asked.

Bobby turned and looked directly into my eyes. "Hoppy did you say something to him?"

I looked down. "Y-yes I did. I told him that I wasn't going to mope around like Mr. Depresso..."

She nodded. I could tell she was disappointed but she didn't seem to be worried about it. "I don't think that a comment alone would bother Proto. I think that there's something else to it."

"Really? You mean I'm not the reason he left?" I felt relieved about this.

"No, I don't think that Proto left just because of your comment." She replied.

We continued to search for clues as to where he might have gone, but found nothing. "Where could he be?" I wondered.