🌙Chapter 20🌙

(Catnap's pov)

Prototype and I snuck into 1006's base through the door that I had bent up.

"Are you sure that it was a good idea to leave your two prisoners alone?" Proto asked, from behind me. "Yeah, I don't care what happens to them anymore." I replied, putting on a burst of speed. I turned around and saw Prototype start to fall behind so I slowed down a little bit. "Proto do you know where The Hand would be holding Day and Night?" I asked. "Yes I have an idea where they could be." He replied, panting.

"Do you ever take runs?" I asked. I wasn't even tired and here he was gasping for air. "Of course I do, but you forget you're fast as it is." He replied. I faintly smiled. That was true.

"We're coming up on the camera system, let's dodge behind the school." He said. I stopped running and slid into the bushes, using my tail to pull Prototype with me. I guess I pulled too hard, because Proto hit his head on the corner of the wall.

"OW." He hissed in pain.

"Woops, my bad." I replied with a grin. I led him behind the school into my secret little hidey hole.

(Prototype's pov)

"What is this place?" I asked Catnap.

"Old hiding spot from the first time I was here." He replied. I nodded and looked around. This place was small but it had a small amount of supplies. "I'm quite surprised that you don't have a tank or something in here." I said, grinning slyly. "Couldn't fit one down here if I tried", he replied, not looking towards me.

Had I heard right? Had Catnap really just made a joke? I was surprised but ecstatic about it. It was a close possibility that he was close to forgiving me for the past....

I followed him along a long tunnel. "I knew that The Hand hadn't discovered this yet. He grinned widely. I turned and saw a secret entrance into the prototype's lair.

"Let's go find your brothers." I said. "Agreed." He nodded. We slipped through the secret entrance. "His lab's this way." I said, pointing down the hall. Catnap went down the hall and I followed him closely.

We were on our way towards 1006. He was going to die for his crimes.

(1-0-0-6's pov)

I sent the two dogs out to find Catnap and that other version of me. I knew that they were hiding somewhere around the factory. "Where are you two?" I asked myself. I knew that they were coming for me. "Let them come. They can't stop me now." I said, holding up my shock collar remote.

I strongly believe that phone child 1 was wrong about Oliver being a heretic. I think that he was just being a double agent to trick the other Catnap. "Hopefully my decisions didn't get my Catnap and the second phone child killed." I thought to myself. I needed them both alive for other jobs.

I left my lab, going downstairs for a good old fashioned cup of coffee.

(Daylight's pov)

The shock collars were very painful to wear but it didn't seem like we had much of a choice. "Are we really going to hand over our brother to the prototype?" Night asked me, looking perplexed. "We have no choice Night...He'll kill us infinite times. He'll use us for the worst experiments."

I looked away from Nightlight, shamefully. I didn't want to let that awful monster even near my older brother. What choice did Night and I have though? These stupid shock collars could be activated at any time. Nightlight sped up a little bit, meaning that he was upset or disappointed in me...

"Night, Catnap can take care of himself. I know that he'll beat the prototype." He turned around and faced me. "Even so Day, why are we even attempting to capture him? He wouldn't do that to us."

"I don't know." I replied, quietly to avoid the tears that were threatening to fall.

He turned away and continued walking along. I just followed him in silence.

(Cassen's pov)

I found myself wandering along the halls of my father's base when something grabbed and pinned me down.

It was the little wolf smiling critter!

"Shut up or I'll rip your ugly head off." She snapped, tying me up. I did as I was told and shut up. She seemed so scary. "H-how did you escape my father?" I asked. Olivia had told me that Forest was a criminal who had tried to kill us off and that my dad was punishing her for her crimes against us all.

She turned and glared at me. "So the prototype is your father huh?" I nodded in fear. "Well I hope you don't mind him dying a very painful death." She replied with a smirk. I gasped. "My dad is in danger? We have to save him!" I cried. I tried to break free of the ropes but Forest must be an expert on knot tying cause they weren't budging.

Forest stood back and smiled. "Yes, the prototype will die and this time I will be there to witness it. He will pay for his crimes to everyone in this factory, and for torturing the innocent."

I struggled not to cry. "My dad isn't a bad person though. He's really nice to everyone. He's super cool!"

Forest scoffed. "Cassen you are either being kept in the dark or you're very blind. Your father is a very horrible person. He experiments on others, captured two innocent smiling critters, tried to experiment on me and my friends, killed some of my friends years ago, is trying to kill two entities now, sacrificed two of his most loyal followers, on top of other things. Your father is the most awful person to exist in this factory and I will be glad when he dies.

I stared at Forest. "Y-you have to be w-wrong.."

"Well I'm not", she said, leaving the room.

I felt awful. Was my dad really a bad person? Did he really do all those things? "Forest has to have been lying.. She had to be.." "My father is a really good person." I told myself. "He would never do anything like that. He's just a really cool person."

Then I thought about these past few days' events. "Who has he been talking about capturing? What is he really doing in his lab-" I had mixed feelings about my father, and this factory. What was I going to do now?