12. Terarium

Aki's POV:-

"Revise page 8 to 10 for tomorrow's class."

Miss Briar ended her class lecture. There was still some time left for the class to end.

"Well class. Last week you had Pokemon battle tournament. I know you all had fun last week."

All the students agreed with the teacher.

"Well then, you have stepped up a few steps as a Pokemon trainer. You have still a lot more steps to climb. One of them is catching yourself a new Pokemon."

Everyone in the class looked excited.

"After the tournament, you have obtained few Pokeballs as a reward so you should be able to catch your new Pokemon with the help of Pokeballs and your partner. The battle science teacher will teach you the basics today."

The class bell rang.

"Let's call it a day class. Your next class is in Savanna Biome. The battle science class would began shortly so I would suggest to reach there early."

With that, Miss Briar left the class. She told our class location.

The Savanna Biome was one of the four biomes in Terarium. Terarium is the facility of Blueberry Academy which sustains a variety of artificial (ex-situ) biomes for Pokemon. It is divided into four areas:- Savanna Biome, Coastal Biome, Canyon Biome and Polar Biome.

 It is divided into four areas:- Savanna Biome, Coastal Biome, Canyon Biome and Polar Biome

The temperature, climate and ecosystem is carefully regulated in each area. In the centre of the facility is Central Plaza, a lobby for the students to take breaks between classes as well as easy way to travel from one biome to the other. Additionally each biome has its own seperate Plaza as well. I don't know the purpose of Biome Plaza.

Well on the side note, I learnt something lately. Our dorms are underwater and so is the Terarium which is at the deepest end of the school. Few classroom and battle facilities are on the sea level with some bakery and shops.

It does not look like this is built underwater due to how perfectly the atmosphere is similar to that of outside world. Surely science and technology is something in itself.

Though you can't find a Wailord or any other very large Pokemon in Terarium for obvious reasons due to how difficult it will be for such a Pokemon to live in place like this. Mostly you will find here rare Pokemons which you might not find elsewhere. But for the sake of learning biodiversity the school often conducts trips.

There are still many stuffs about the school. There is the league club and some other club activity with the student council. We have not yet received the club card.

I was currently walking alone. My other classmates had already gone. I stayed a little longer in classroom for completing my notes.

I found myself near the entrance of the Savanna Biome. There was huge grassland before me. They call it the Priaries. There were few Trapinch in sight. Many of my classmates were standing nearby. I found familiar group of students and decided to chat with them.