2. Partner

"Aki. Please make your choice."

I stood from my seat. I looked before the two suitcases with 26 pokeballs. I was feeling nervous as this had to be a crucial decision. I moved my hand towards the left suitcase on the table and made my choice, I touched a pokeball. And a creature appeared out of it.

"Nya~"

"Nya?"

What's up with this adorable cat? The creature was sitting on the suitcase. I was trying to touch this creature. In my hometown, I tried to befriend a few purrloin but they seem to hate me as they all ran away whenever I tried to get closer to them. Why do cats hate me though? They themselves would enter my house without permission and would go just like that.

Miss Briar asked," so have you made your choice on this Sprigatito?"

I side glanced her unsure that what my answer could be. The creature called Sprigatito was licking it's paws. It wasn't even looking at me. Would it be a perfect choice? I was thinking about my decision. I had to be quick as the other students were also waiting.

"Yes-"

The cat jumped on my face. It covered my eyes with it's paws. I tried to get it off my face. I was about to cancel my decision but then the creature hoped on my shoulder and placed it's one hand on my head.

"...."

Seriously, who is the cat here now?

Miss Briar who was watching this from a long time gave a chuckle.

"You are already getting along with your partner. Now please take your seat. Next, William. Please make your choices."

Was I really getting along with this cat? I looked towards this creature who was smiling on my shoulder. I got back to my seat as the other boy named William was already making his choice.

William made his choice with a frog like Pokemon. They called it Froakie. It seemed to be water type Pokemon. Sprigatito who is grass type had clear advantage.

The next choice was of the girl who wasn't excited or nervous about all this. The teacher called her Kathy. A nice name but what choice would she make. She stood before the suitcases with now 24 choices before her. She quickly made her choice in 30 seconds. A snake-like Pokemon called Snivy was her choice. She quickly accepted her choice unlike me and got seated back to her place. Like her, her Pokemon was the same. Both didn't looked excited or nervous about anything.

Then she side-glanced me as it seemed that I was staring at her for long time. I averted my gaze to my Pokemon who was still patting my head. I tried to get Sprigatito away from my shoulder and made it sit on the table. I could feel someone's sharp gaze at me.

Kathy is still looking at me?

I was scared thinking that she must have mistaken me for a pervert or anything similar. I couldn't blame myself too. She seemed different from others and was beautiful too with that she is girl so how could I not look at her for long. I tried to turn my face towards her. She was still looking at me with her sharp gaze. I got few chills and averted my gaze.

I will apologize her later.

The boy sitting next to me had also made his choice with a crocodile like Pokemon called Totodile. They looked happy. Sprigatito was watching my gaze trying to seek my attention. I sighed and patted it's head while a small smile. Sprigatito's collars released some scent which filled the class with a beautiful aroma. Similarly a bulbasaur and a chikorita released their own aroma. Each aroma was different. The girls who were trainers of these two Pokemon had hearts in their eyes. Their Pokemons had attracted them.