18. Shame?

[Credits for music:- Pokemon company and Pokeli]

William's POV:-

My family is one of the Draconid family living in Hoenn's Meteor Village. The Meteor Village is quite far from the larger portion of Hoenn. We left the village 8 years after as one of the surviving Draconid family. The village elder gave me and my brother a Whismur as a parting gift. My parents got jobs in Devon Cooperation of Rustboro city.

I grew together with Whismur. We had became close friends as if we were siblings. Since my brother left to Blueberry Academy, I was all alone. My brother decided to keep Whismur at home. Since our parents used work for long hours and sometimes returned late at night, I stayed alone with Whismur so I never felt lonely.

Three years back, I had fallen terribly sick. Everytime when I fell sick, my parents or my brother used to take care of me. But this time, my parents had left to research program in Mosdeep city a week ago and my brother wasn't in Hoenn. My parents were returning the next day. I was under care of Whismur. She was doing all her best to take care of me.

That day I fell asleep quite early. At midnight, I heard some kind of siren and I found Whismur sleeping besides me. Her body was heating. She has caught the fever. I had to take her to Pokemon centre. I opened the door in my weakened state and coughed a lot. There was a lot of smoke in the house.

The fire brigade was trying to extinguish the fire and trying to rescue us. I carried Whismur. When I was rushing outside and I heard a loud sound. I lost my consciousness when I saw Whismur lying before me.

I saw my parents and brother in the hospital room when I opened my eyes. I could not find Whismur anywhere. My parents were quite when I asked about her. I had few plastic surgeries and was discharged from the hospital.

After being discharged, I could not ask anything about Whismur. I knew that she will be not with me from now. Whismur had died before they could even bring her to the hospital.

I could not save her and could also not able to take care of her when she fell sick. I- I could n-

____________________________

Third person's POV:-

William's eyes were filled with tears. There was a sense of regret in his eyes. He could not forgive himself for what he could not do during that incident. The image of Whismur during the fire was embedded in his heart. A image which he could not forget. The injuries of the fire had covered by the surgeries but the injuries deep within had not healed yet.

Aki stood near him as he wept. Froakie and Elekid looked in the eyes of their trainer with their eyes filled with tears. Aki was not able to react to the given information. The loss of someone close to you is truly painful. Aki had experienced it before but he overcame them long before. But William's condition was not similar to Aki.

Aki sat near William. The incidents which had occurred in past month were quite similar. The injured state of Rufflet might have reminded him of Whismur. Even today, the injured Pokemon brought to Pokemon centre had reminded him of this past memory.

__________________________

Aki's POV

The person before me had experienced loss of someone close to him. The story he told me had aroused many questions in my mind. I could not ask them. Sprigatito and Rufflet were looking at William with tearful gazes.

I stared a while at the blue walls of the infirmary. I closed my eyes as I remembered familiar faces who left me long before. I stopped my tears behind my eyelids.