Friendship, Comradeship, and Memories

Preeti knocks lightly on the door, a soft smile on her lips as she waits for Prem's response.

"Come in," Prem's voice calls out from inside the office, his attention still focused on the piles of books and his laptop scattered across the table.

With a gentle push, Preeti enters the room, holding a steaming mug of coffee in one hand and a book in the other.

"Coffee?" she offers sweetly, her eyes sparkling with affection as she presents the mug to him.

Prem looks up, a warm smile spreading across his face as he takes the mug from her hands. 

"Thank you, Jaan," he murmurs gratefully, taking a sip of the hot beverage.

Preeti's heart flutters at the endearing term of endearment, her cheeks tinged with a rosy hue as she watches him enjoy the coffee.

Setting the mug aside, Prem turns his attention back to his work, his brow furrowed in concentration. Sensing his need for focus, Preeti quietly moves to the bookshelf, her fingers trailing over the spines of the books as she searches for a place to store her own. As she places the book on the shelf, Prem's playful voice interrupts her thoughts.

"Another one?" he teases, a mischievous glint in his eyes as he glances over at her.

Preeti chuckles softly, turning to face him with a playful twinkle in her eyes. 

"Haan! Trust me, you don't want anyone reading this one," she quips, her tone filled with amusement as she gives him a knowing look. 

Prem chuckles softly, his arm instinctively pulling Preeti closer to him. She stands before him, her presence comforting as he remains seated in his chair. With a tender gesture, he wraps his arm around her waist, drawing her gently towards him. Preeti responds by cradling his head in her hands, her touch soothing as she leans down, allowing him to rest against her stomach. Feeling her warmth envelop him, Prem relaxes, his tense muscles easing as he finds solace in her embrace. He closes his eyes, the rhythm of her breathing lulling him into a state of tranquillity.

"Kya hua?" she murmurs, concern evident in her voice as she strokes his hair affectionately.

Preeti runs her fingers gently, combing through his hair in a soothing gesture. She feels the weight of his stress and exhaustion, the tension in his body evident even as he tries to hide it.

"Work?" she asks softly, her voice laced with empathy as she leans down to press a gentle kiss to his head.

Prem nods slightly, his head still resting against her stomach. "Yeah, it's been a lot lately," he admits, his voice tinged with frustration. 

"Deadlines, meetings, presentations... It feels like I'm constantly swimming against the tide."

Preeti's heart aches for him, knowing nothing about the pressures of the corporate world. She presses her lips together in a sympathetic smile, her hand moving to gently massage his scalp in a comforting gesture.

"I'm here for you, Prem. Always," she whispers, her voice filled with unwavering support and love.

Prem's grip tightens around her waist, his fingers curling against the fabric of her shirt as he seeks comfort in her presence. He feels a surge of gratitude and warmth wash over him, the weight of his worries momentarily lifted by her soothing touch.

"Thank you, Preeti," he murmurs, his voice thick with emotion. 

As their intimate moment came to a close, Preeti gently extricated herself from Prem's embrace, a lingering smile playing on her lips. With a tender kiss pressed to his forehead, she whispered words of encouragement before retreating to the office couch, where she settled in to wait for him. As Prem delved back into his work, Preeti settled onto the cozy office couch, a soft sigh escaping her lips as she made herself comfortable.