Chapter 6

"ARE YOU SURE I DON'T need to bring this much outside?" Y/N asked as she descended the stairs of the estate, her hand resting on the strap of her tiny satchel that clung across her body

"Don't worry about it," the proud voice emanating from the necklace reassured her as they reached the ground floor. "I can conjure anything you need."

She sighed; her movements quiet but hurried as she made her way to the front door where the carriage awaited them. This moment had been eagerly anticipated ever since news broke of her wellness, marking the first time she had been allowed to venture into the nearby town. And accompanying her was Lucifer, confined within the pendant mirror she wore close to her neck.

Despite her smile, a hint of worry lingered in her eyes. Uncertain of what to bring for their outing, she would have packed all her belongings if not for Lucifer's constant reassurances that it wasn't necessary. His guidance provided her with the confidence she needed as she embarked on this new adventure.

As Y/N stepped outside the threshold of the front door, she was greeted by the familiar touch of the morning breeze, its gentle caress brushing against her skin and carrying with it the soft whispers of nature. With each inhale, the coolness of the air filled her lungs, a refreshing sensation that prickled ever so slightly.

"Are you ready, dear?" her mother's voice floated towards her, filled with love and concern as she observed her daughter relishing the surroundings as if experiencing them anew.

Taking a deep breath, Y/N nodded to her mother, a sense of excitement coursing through her veins. She rushed forward to embrace her mother briefly, savoring her warmth against her.

"Take care on your journey," her mother whispered, her words a gentle reminder of her affection.

Y/N's mother planted a tender kiss on her daughter's forehead before gracefully descending the steps of the carriage. The interior exuded an air of opulence with its plush velvet furnishings, enveloping them in luxury and comfort for the journey ahead.

As the carriage set into motion, she settled into her seat opposite the maid, stealing glances out the window as her mother's form gradually receded into the distance. With a heartfelt wave, she bid her farewell, her voice lost amidst the bustling sounds of the household and the gentle rumble of the carriage wheels against the ground.

"We'll return soon, mother!"