Chapter 8

THE TIME THEY SPENT TOGETHER was nothing short of magical, a symphony of shared moments and growing affection that filled their days with warmth and joy

THE TIME THEY SPENT TOGETHER was nothing short of magical, a symphony of shared moments and growing affection that filled their days with warmth and joy. With each passing day, their bond deepened, intertwining their hearts in a tapestry of love and longing.

As they basked in each other's presence, they found solace in the simple act of being together, their connection evolving into something profound and unshakeable. Lucifer, moved by the radiance of Y/N's smile, always found himself in a tight situation of granting her every wish with a sense of profound happiness, whether she truly wanted it or simply because he reasoned that she might indeed need it. His own heart soared with each flicker of joy that danced across her face. She became the virtue he worshipped, something that governed his senses, diminishing all his control under her lovable presence.

And unbeknownst to her, in return for what she was inflicting upon his being, her own heart had become entwined with his, her love for him growing with each passing moment. His presence had become her new medicine that she couldn't and refused to live without. The growing tension at the edges of her heart pricked her more and more with longing until it swiveled to something insatiable.

And yet, amidst the bliss of their shared affection, there remained one wish that lingered unfulfilled, casting a shadow over their idyllic paradise—a wish that, if dared, promised damnation.

As moments passed, a tumult of thoughts raged within him, a silent battle between duty and desire. Granting her wish meant defying the sacred rules that bound him, risking repercussions of unimaginable magnitude. Yet, in the depths of his being, he yearned for it with a fervor that consumed him. To feel her warmth, to hold her in his embrace—it was a longing that echoed through the very fibers of his being. Could he dare to defy the confines that bound him? Could he risk everything... for her?

Sigh.

With a hesitant yet resolute gesture, Lucifer fixed his gaze as he summoned his faltering magic, all that his body could conjure awaiting as the air crackled with an ethereal energy. The background, once bathed in a silvery hue, now battled against the brilliance of a golden glow emitted from his figure, momentarily growing in brilliance, blinding her temporarily and tempting her to look away and withdraw away from him.

And shortly thereafter, in a breathtaking display of power, the once immutable mirror, a barrier separating them, began to liquefy, its surface rippling like molten gold. Slowly, from its depths emerged a figure—a stature of elegance, a sight of beauty to behold. There appeared Lucifer himself, tangible and real, standing before her for the very first time.

In that moment, the air thrummed with palpable anticipation, the world seemingly holding its breath as they stood on the precipice of something extraordinary, something unimaginable, and something hard to believe.

She could hear his faint breathing, his figure now standing before her without the barrier, as the few golden dust particles that surrounded him slowly fell to the ground upon which he stood.