𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆

"

"...with you...forever..." he murmured.

His voice barely audible.

His eyes fixate on her fading silhouette, a dying vista he yearns to salvage, a memory akin to a wilting flower destined to perish. Desperation claws at him to break free from his constraints, to sprint into her embrace, to immerse her once more in one of his enchantments. Yet his punishment, which had ominously loomed over him, has arrived to exact the payment foretold. He, of all beings, remains trapped within the confines of the mirror, watching helplessly as the reel of his fears unfurls before him. He is condemned to be a mere bystander, witnessing his dreams and sole source of happiness crumble while he remains immobilized, unable to amend his mistakes. Her sorrowful visage, submerged in her own despair, will forever be etched into his mind, a haunting memory he will carry as her presence fades completely from his sight.

Silence.

His form, imprisoned within the mirror, dissolved into golden dust, drifting away like fireflies in the deepening night. Slowly, agonizingly, he fragmented, becoming a hollow mirage of his former self. A solitary light in the darkness, where no reflection could be cast nor company found.

With a burden weighing heavily upon his heart, pulling at his very essence, he whispered fervent pleas of longing, yearning for something beyond his wildest dreams, something beyond his mere desires.

"I beg your attention to me..." he murmured into the darkness that enveloped him, a realm devoid of any presence, his prison where coldness reigned supreme.

"O heavens above, I beseech thee, let my wishes be heard..." His voice reverberated, enveloping him in the echo of his desperate plea.

"A selfish request, in exchange for my eternal devotion to you...

"Your humble servant begs for your mercy."

"With every fiber of my being, I offer repentance and seek redemption."

"I will follow your heed; I will not disobey."

As he felt himself fading away completely, he implored, "I know my actions have led to an outcome with grave consequences."

"I will willingly endure any punishment, if only for the wish that only you can grant..."

"Please, grant me another chance..."

"There you go again," a voice huffed behind her, belonging to a friend walking beside her. "You're in your own distant place again."

Hearing the voice break her brief isolation, she turned her head to gaze behind her.

With a gentle nudge, her friend paced beside her. The backdrop of the boisterous city had now turned a deep hue of orange as they waited to cross the street, surrounded by throngs of vehicles. Their forms stood in the looming shadow of towering buildings, enveloped in the bustling atmosphere.