Magic

Magic, it can be a gift but also a curse.

Merlin never really understood why he had magic. What did he do to deserve that, be born? He grew up being told to hide it, his mother always said it was for the best. He trusted her but eventually he got bored so he did some small things. He quickly found out he could do great things. He could make trees grow and flowers blossom. He could light a fire and make things float. He didn't understand why he had to hide that, why should anyone with powers like his hide. Magic was beautiful. It was fun and amazing yet no one would ever get to see it.

Merlin thought he was quite good at it too. He once made a deer float high above the trees in the forest. When he had let the deer go it looked at him a little surprised for a second before running away. Merlin had just laughed and then walked back home to his mother.

"Where have you been Merlin?" His mother had yelled when he got back "Out in the forest. I made a deer fly" Merlin had answered proudly. His mother had taken him by the ear and sat him down by the table. He had fought against her hard grip trying to get free but with no luck. "What have I said about using magic?" She had asked, looking down at him from the other side of the table. He looked down at his lap in shame "I can't be seen using magic and it's best I forget I even have it" Merlin said sadly, he still didn't understand why. His mothers eyes had softened when looking down at her son. She sat down beside him laying her arms around him. "I would never ask you to try and forget the power you hold, but playing with it can be dangerous" She had said in her soft motherly voice "I need you to understand that"

So this is the first sort of chapter just like a way to introduce Merlin a little. He's going to be older in the next chapter just so you don't think it is going to be about young Merlin. I should probably also say that this is my first fanfiction so I don't really know the "rules" or anything and if there's a lot of misspellings and stuff its cause English isn't my first language and i'm still learning so yeah but i hope you enjoy it.
Bye <3