Come on Eileen

They returned to the castle about an hour later. They made their way back to Arthurs chambers and Merlin helped him get undressed and into his nightshirt. Arthur shivered a little at the touch of Merlin's cold finger against his own skin. "God Merlin you're freezing" Arthur said looking down at Merlin. "Sorry sire" Merlin quickly said, withdrawing his hands. Arthur just smiled and walked away to his bed. "I need you to wash my finest clothes for tomorrow Merlin" Arthur said as he laid down in his bed.

Merlin once again hurried through the corridors holding the Prince's breakfast in his hand. "Wakey, wakey" He said as he pushed open the door with his shoulder. Arthur just groaned in response sitting up rubbing his sleepy eyes, Merlin smiles at him while putting down the plate. "The lady Edith and king Alexander are to arrive at midday" Merlin continued talking, walking around the room doing his normal morning chores while Arthur ate. "Have you met Eileen before?" Merlin asked, finally sitting down besides the Prince, Arthur shaked his head a little and swallowed. "Only once when we were kids," He answered. "How was she?" Merlin asked. "What's with all the questions Merlin, I really don't remember. I just know I've met her before'' Arthur answered, a little annoyed. "Sorry" Merlin said silently, remaining quiet. Arthur sighed a little before looking up at Merlin. "No Merlin it's okay i just don't want to think about tonight" Merlin is a little startled at how soft Arthur's voice was when he spoke. "Of course sire, I wont bring it up again" Merlin smiles down at Arthur lowering his head in a little bow before exiting the chambers.

The rest of the day continued as usual. Arthur met with his father in the throne room and after that he had training with his knights. Arthur didn't know why he felt so bothered and distressed by the lady Eileen's arrival. He wasn't worried about Edith or Alexander, it was Eileen that made him nervous, but why? "Arthur!" A voice broke him out of his thought, he turned around finding his servant running towards him. "Arthur" He said again a little lower coming to a halt in front of him. "They're early," Merlin managed to say, trying to catch his breath. "How early?" A sense of fear hidden in his voice. "Well..." Merlin looked up at Arthur still breathing hastily. "They are already here aren't they?" Arthur asked, sighing a little annoyed. "Yeah," Merlin answered, looking up at Arthur. Arthur runs away toward the castle leaving Merlin behind. "Come on," Merlin sighs to himself before running after the prince.

They arrived at the castle soone after, the rest of the royal household already standing greeting the guests. Arthur quickly joined Morgana at the side of his father Merlin standing close behind. "Where have you been?" Morgana leaned towards him and whispered. "I had training with the knights, i didn't know they would be early" He whispers back "someone forgot to tell me" he adds looking back at Merlin who just shrugged smiling innocently. Arthur rolled his eyes before turning to face their guests. He recognized Edith and Alexander from their many visits but there was a younger girl riding behind them. Her golden brown hair swayed gently in the wind, she looked at him, her hazel eyes meeting his ocean ones. She smiled warmly and nodded her head toward him. He smiled back. The lady Eileen he thought. Merlin had not been wrong, she was quite beautiful. He watched as she got down from her horse, his eyes never leaving her gentle movements. "Alexander, Edith'' his father's voice broke him from his stear. "How was your journey?" Uther asked, shaking Alexanders hand and kissing the lady Edith's. "It wasn't too bad but we are not as young as we used to be. That's for sure, I'm completely exhausted after only a two day journey," Edith answered, smiling at Uther who smiled back. "I'll have Merlin show you to your rooms" Uther said, letting go of Edith's hand.

"This is your room" Merlin spoke after a short walk through the castle opening a door for Edith and Alexander. "Your room is a little further down the hall" He continued looking up at Eileen who had followed her parents. She smiled in response, nodding her head. They soon arrived at Eileen's room, Merlin held up the door for her and followed her into the room. "Is everything to your liking?" Merlin asked, standing by the door. "Yes, thank you Merlin '' she smiled, he hadn't heard her speak before this and he couldn't help but smile at the sound of her voice. It was soft and sweet like honey, almost ethereal and filling Merlin with comfort and warmth as she spoke. "My lady" he managed to say bowing and exiting the room leaving her alone. 

Later that day Merlin was helping Arhtur get dressed for the feast. He had picked out the prince's nicest clothes for the occasion and was not gently putting them on Arthur. "So what do you think about the lady Eileen?" Merlin asked whilst buttoning up Arthur's shirt. "Well she's" Arthur paused trying to find the right words "nice" He then continued sounding a bit unsure. "Nice?" Merlin frowned, "Is that all you can come up with?". Arthur just rolled his eyes walking towards his desk. "She's quite pretty," Merlin continued walking after him. "Yes Merlin she is" Arthur answers sounding a little annoyed now. "So, pretty and nice," Merlin said, smiling down at the future king. Artur didn't look up, he just nodded and started looking through some papers on the desk waiting for the feast to begin.    

The fourth chapter is done! I'm really looking forward to writing the next one, I have some  plans... I hope you have a nice day (or night) and I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

bye <3