Questions and wine

Merlin sat by the table polishing Arthur's armor, Arthur sat not too far away at his desk going through some papers. There was a knock on the door. "Enter" Arthur said atomically, not looking up from the scroll in his hands. Merlin watched the door open and in came Gwen. "I'm just coming to inform you that the feast is about to begin and your father demands your presence, sire" she says looking at Arthur. "Thank you Gwen" Arthur smiled up at her. She curtsied and closed the door gently after her. Arthur stood when she closed the door and walked over to Merlin placing a hand on his shoulder. Merlin felt the touch and stopped what he was doing in surprise but he didn't dare to move. "We should probably go," He said, letting his hand fall to his side. Merlin just nodded and walked out of the room after the Prince.

Merlin stood by the wall looking over the hall filled with people. Noble men and their wives were sitting surrounding the royal family and their guests. Eileen was sitting next to Arthur. Her brown hair bore a golden tiara, her dress fitted her perfectly, it was a beautiful maroon color. She and Arthur were talking and laughing. Merlin felt his grip around the jug of wine in his hand tighten as he stared at them. He quickly looked away trying to contain the thought crossing his mind. He walked over to the Prince refilling his goblet. "Thank you Merlin" Arthur barely looked up at him and Merlin felt a strange tugging in his chest and the air around him became heavier and harder to breath. He quickly walked away holding his head low. The sound of the people talking around him slowly became quieter until it was only a muffled sound in his ears. The sound of Arthur and Eileens laughs became deafening, his breathing became quicker and his eyes began to burn. What was happening? He looked back at Arthur and his gaze was met by two ocean blue eyes. They held eye contact and everything went quiet for only a second before Merlin broke the gaze and walked over to a knight that was sitting by another table. Arthur shook his head slightly as if trying to shake away a thought before looking back at Eileen.

The rest of the evening was like any other feast. Merlin walked around filling peoples goblets with wine. He never looked at Arthur again for the rest of the evening. That was before he realized he had to take Arthur back to his chamber once the feast was over. It was around midnight when most of the guests started to retire for the night. After a while there were only a few left. Merlin finally walked up to Arthur and patted him on the shoulder. Arthur looked up at him with drunken eyes, his cheeks flushed a little when his eyes met Merlins. "Come on clotpole ''Merlin said, his voice a bit stern. Arthur just obeyed and stood up, he swayed and held his arm out and grabbed Merlin to become more steady. "God Arthur, how much did you drink?" Merlin placed a hand on the Prince's back and gently shoved him towards the doors leaving Eileen alone by the table. Arthur continued to lean on Merlin stubeling slightly over his own feet. Merlin just focused his eyes ahead, his expression stern and serious. He shoved the Prince into his chambers, slightly too hard causing Arthur to lose his balance and almost fall over. "What'd you do that for?" Arthur stuttered looking at Merlin with a hurt expression. Merlin just sighed and pushed Arthur further into the room, Arthur was too drunk to object. "Are you mad at me?" Arthur asked as he swayed around facing Merlin and leaned closer to him squinting his eyes trying to focus on his face. "No" Merlin said through closed teeths trying to help Arthur out of his clothes but Arthur just brushed his hands off. "No you've been avoiding me the whole evening" Arthur slurred but tried to sound serious. "No I haven not, '' Merlin answers, still trying to get a hold on Arthurs shirt. "Is it about Eileen?" He asked looking down at Merlin who kept his head low not wanting to look Arthur in the eyes. "Do you like her?" Arthur asked after a while. "No, sire" Merlin answered, still not looking up at the Prince, he felt his eyes starting to burn again. "Then what is it?" Arthur's voice was clearer now but you could still hear he was drunk. "Do you like her?" Merlin rushed the words not really wanting Arthur to hear but he did. Arthur tilted his head slightly frowning. "No, I like..." He paused not really knowing what he was going to say. "I like..." Merlin's eyes burned and he tried to blink several times not wanting to cry in front of the Prince. "I like..." Arthur's voice became lower. He frowned. Who did he like? "I like..." This time it was only a whisper, Merlin still didn't look at him. They were standing so close now Arthur's nose was almost touching Merlin's hair. "I don't know who i like" Arthur's voice was barely a whisper. Merlin finally looked up at him, his eyes glossy. Their eyes met and neither of them looked away. They stayed like that for what felt like ages. Merlin looked down at his hands after a while, starting to fidget with his fingers. "You need to sleep, sire" Merlin said, his voice a little shaky as he fumbled with the bottoms on Arthurs shirt. Arthur just stared down at him. He lifted his shaky hands and placed them over Merlins who suddenly stopped at the touch. Arthur moved his fingers slowly unbuttoning the shirt, Merlin withdrew his own hands and let Arthur do it himself. After a while Arthur was changed and ready for bed. He laid down under the covers and looked at Merlin blowing out the candles before going to the door to leave. "Merlin'' Arthur's voice cut through the silence, Merlin stopped his hand on the handle "Good night" Arthur said before he yawned and turned the other way. "Good night, sire" Merlin said softly exiting the room, closing the door slowly behind him.

Hi again! I don't really know what I'm doing at this point but I hope it's good. I'm trying to portray the characters as well as I can but it has been about a year since I watched the show. I really loved it the first time I watched it but it got taken away from Netflix before I got to re-watching so this is my second time watching it so if they feel a little off or something it's probably because of that. Anyway hope you enjoyed it and that you'll have a nice day/night,

bye <3