The hunt

They rode for about an hour or so until they got to their usual spot. It was a little clearing in the woods, Merlin and Arthur would sulk behind some bushes so that they could watch over the plane ground in front of them. Merlin liked this place, it was so peaceful and beautiful, the way the sun shone through the leaves highlighting the ground beneath them, and small flowers of various kinds grew around the trees.

They had tied their horse a little further away and had traveled the rest of the way on foot. "How did you even find this place?" Merlin asked while they were walking, Arthur smiled a little when Merlin asked but he didn't look back. "I used to go here by myself when I was little,'' He said while pushing away a stick that was in his way when he had passed it bounced back hitting Merlin right over the nose. Merlin cried out quietly, holding a hand over his aching nose. "Idiot" Merlin mumbled to himself as he continued walking. "What was that?" Arthur asked teasingly looking back at Merlin. "Nothing, sire" Merlin answered, a little annoyed. "Anyway'' Arthur continued turning away from his manservant. "I used to sneak out of the castle and come here sometimes, no one knows about it" They finally arrived, Arthur sat down on a larger log of wood they had placed there the last time they had come. "I know about it," Merlin said, sitting down beside him. "Well you don't count" Arthur grinned at Merlin who gasped dramatically when he said that. "You wouldn't survive a day without me" Merlin teased picking up a stick from the ground waving it in front of Arthur, he just leaned back trying to avoid it still grinning. "And how's that?" he asked using the same teasing voice that Merlin had used. "Oh please Athur, you couldn't take care of yourself properly even if your life depended on it" Merlin laughs, Arthur let out an offended sound before grabbing the stink out of Merlin's grip. Merlin's smile dropped and he quickly got up and ran away from the Prince. "Merlin!'' Arthur yelled after him, also standing up and proceeded to chase him through the trees. Merlin managed to trip over a root landing with his face down on the grass covered ground in the clearing, Arthur turned him around and sat down on him so he couldn't get away. "I got you!" Arthur said playfully, still holding the stick in his hand, Merlin fought him from the ground trying to get free but Arthur was too strong. Arthur threw away the stick and looked down at his servant. "How is it even possible for a human to be so bad at so many things, merlin?" He asked teasingly, still holding Merlin pinned to the ground with his legs, his arms crossed over his chest. Merlin just smiled sarcastically and gave up trying to fight off Arthur. "I know that deep down you actually like me'' Merlin grinned, Arthur took Merlin's wrists and leaned down over him. "I don't like you" He hissed with a small smile playing on his lips. He stood up and held a hand out for Merlin, he took it and Arthur helped him up from the ground. "You ruined my shirt," Merlin groaned trying to brush off the dirt from the back of his tunic.

"We should probably start and prepare the horses," Arthur said after a while. It was starting to get dark and they stayed there for hours, just talking and playing around. Arthur didn't treat Merlin like a servant out here, sure he asked him to do stuff like light the fire and cook the food but that was okay though Merlin. "Yeah we probably should, you have to attend the feast tomorrow" Merlin said, poking the fire with a stick. "There's a feast tomorrow?" Arthur asked looking a little confused trying to recall hearing that "You haven't said anything about some feast" He sounded a little annoyed now. "Oh, I haven't? Well, Lady Edith and her husband Alexander will arrive tomorrow at noon with their daughter" Merlin said, standing up and putting out what was left of the fire before looking down at Arthur. "I hear she is quite beautiful" He smirked. Arthur just stood up and walked over to the horses "I'm sure she is" He said, still sounding a little annoyed. Merlin followed him and together they rode back to the castle in silence.

So the third chapter! I really had no ideas for this chapter so I'm sorry if it's a little boring, next will be better I promise. My idea is that they don't know that they like each other yet and that their going to start and realize that during upcoming chapters so hope you enjoyed it and,

Bye <3