III

May was traveling in the big guy's car. She was looking through the window at the stunning landscape. They reached the brand new airport situated in Rustboro City.

May got out the car and took her suitcase. She was looking around at the different places in the city like it was the first time she saw them. She saw the Devon Corp. Building and thought of Steven, she wished she could have said goodbye to him too.

"Hey there kiddo, let's go" The big guy said. His Gengar looked back at her with a kind face and waited for her.

She was walking looking at the ground. It wasn't long since she crashed into somebody. She slowly and shyly looked up just to see a silver-haired boy looking kindly at her.

"May! What brings you here my dear?"

"Oh, nothing at all Steven, family things" May said.

"Hey kiddo, we don't have all the time in the world! Quick!" The guy said a few meters away from them.

"Hey, who's the Snorlax?" Steven said puzzled.

"Oh" May said dying in the inside "I asked Maxie to tell you since I thought you'd be busy with Champion things, but I'm moving to Kalos. My parents hired that guy to keep me here, they thought I would want to scape"

"Why didn't you tell me personally, May?" He sounded kinda disappointed.

"Be-because I thought you wouldn't have time for me"

"Okay, enough with the talk. Listen boy, I'm sorry if your girlfriend has to leave Hoenn, but I have to take her to the airport in one piece so, go back to your house and cry" The man said getting between May and Steven.

"Do ya' even know who are ya' talking to, Mr.Asshole?" A voice said.

"This young and nosy boy happens to be the Hoenn Pokémon League Champion. Kiddo, you're in knee-deep trouble" Another voice said chuckling.

The two men came closer and May knew too well who they were. Maxie and Archie.

Steven looked at them and shot them a kind and respectful glare.

"I'll battle you two for this! No-one has ever talked to me like that!" The man said proudly "You, girl, stay in that exact same place and don't move!"

"Steven, go take May to the airport, we'll get rid of this" Said Maxie taking his Camerupt's pokeball.

"I'll keep your promise May! Now go and fly my beloved scamp!" Archie yelled at her with a painful smile on his face.

Steven took May's arm and ran away of the fight. They got to the airport and entered it. Steven asked the name of her flight and guided her through the endless hallways. If she were alone she'd get lost.

They reached to one of the last gates in the airport. They were alone except for a curious blonde man dressed in black and blue and with a long lab coat.

"May, this is a farewell" Steven said "Will we meet again?"

May looked up at him, he was taller than her shamefully. "This is not a goodbye, Steven Stone, just a "see you later"

"Hopefully you'll be right"

"Hey, you travel a lot, you can come one day to Kalos"

"Yeah, I've heard there are plenty of caves and stones" Steven said sounding happier "We can meet someday"

THIS IS THE LAST CALL TO THE PASSENGERS OF THE FLIGHT K-151 TO THE KALOS REGION. PLEASE, STAY CLOSE TO THE GATE, THANK YOU.

That was it, the final path. It felt like she was inside of the Victory Road. She could feel the tension in the air.

She looked up at Steven, who was looking and smiling at her widely. She let a few tears fall from her eyes, but as fast as she felt them she embraced the silver-haired man tightly. He dropped his arms around her, holding her tightly as well.

"May" He said "I think you've got to go now"

"I don't want to" She said crying.

"Truth must be told. I don't want you to leave either, you've made a huge impact on us, on everyone" He said still holding her.

She broke the embrace and looked at him with puzzled eyes. "You'll understand soon, my darling. Now go"

"See you soon, Steven"

"Stay in the place ma'am, you owe us a group hug" Maxie and Archie were running up to her

The final has come. She looked at the three men standing in front of her with lovely eyes. She reached at them and hugged them as if it would be her last time, which she hoped it wasn't.

She let them go. She looked at the three of them with a thankful look, but she spent more time looking at Archie. He had removed his bandana revealing a soft dark brown hair, which made him look even better. She smiled at him warmly, at what he replied with another smile.

"Here, I almost forgot!" Archie said "This is a present for ya'" He said handing May a pokeball.

She took the pokeball and released the creature inside, revealing a tiny Vaporeon who caressed May's leg warmly.

"How did you get this cutie?" May said stroking the little one.

"It doesn't matter, now it's all yours, enjoy it" Archie said looking at May "I know it's not a Kyogre, but I thought you'd like it. At least is a water type one" He said proudly.

"I love it Archie, thank you" May said returning Vaporeon to its pokeball. "I will miss you a lot guys"

"We will miss you as well, Miss Maple"

"We'd like to stay here with you May, but I'm afraid you'll be late if you don't catch the plane now" Steven said in a sad tone.

"See you soon guys, I'll try to contact you as soon as I can"

She turned around in her heels facing the gate. A new life, she thought. She ran to get inside of the plane, afraid of being too late already. In the middle of the path she turned around to see the three men. They still were looking at her with loving eyes. She waved at them slowly. They returned the gesture and smiled. She went happy to the plane.