PUPPY?

Officer Lopez, or Angela, helped you get off the road a few years back. Both of your parents had died is a car wreck and your house had been sold as state property. She helped you get back on your feet and you are now 17 and have a loving family and work at the local bakery.

You are walking to work when someone bumped into you. "Oh sorry sir." You say turning towards him.

"Watch where you are going kid." He says rushing away

You continue to walk and eventually make it to work. You clock in and open up the shop. You work the early hours so you have to open up the store. You start cleaning up tables.

The bell chimes as you are putting away the broom. "Hi welcome in" you say not looking at who it is.

"Hey you!" Angela smiles

"Angela! It's been forever." You say giving her a hug.

"Yes. How have you been." She asks seriously

"Oh I'm good. Everything seems to be going perfect." You say going back behind the counter. "Now. What can I get you today." You ask laughing

"Oh yeah me and Jackson just wanted some sourdough loaves before they sell out." She say grabbing her wallet.

You grab the loaves out of the glass case and put them in a baggie. "Alright $10.89 is your total." You say and she swipes her card. You hand her the bread.

"Ok thank you y/n. Stay out of trouble." She says walking out

"Alright I'll try." You say laughing. The rest of your work day goes great and you decide to go to a coffee to get a drink before you head home.

As you were asking you pass an apartment building surrounded by cops. Something bad must have happened for there to be that many cops. You see Angela and raise your hand up to wave but decide against it. She at work. She turns around and sees you but does nothing. She seems stressed.

You get your drink from the cafe and walk home. As yo do someone bumps into again. "Sorr-" you go to say but the guy covers your mouth and drags you to an ally. You are kicking a pulling trying to get out of his grasp. When he finally let's go you yell at him. "What the heck man! What do you want?"

"How do you know Angela Lopez?!" He asks yelling in your face

You pause to think trying to figure out if you know this guy. "She got bread from the bakery today. I work there." You say and he slaps you. "Ouch man!"

"Do you know her" he asks again

"No not personally." You lie as he clicks his pocket knife open.

"I'm going to ask one more time. Do you know her?" He asks

You pause staring at his knife hoping someone will walk by and see. "Hey!" Somebody yells from the street the guy drops you and runs.

"Hey are you okay?" Someone says as they get closer to you. "Y/n?" She asks

"Angela?" You say trying to sit up

"What happened are you okay" she asks panicking

"I'm fine he's just some LA asshole." You say leaning up to the wall.

"I'm so sorry. I saw you walk by and knew it was getting dark and you should walk alone but I though you would b-" she starts ranting

"It's fine I'm okay. Nothing happened." You'd say stopping her

"Good. I couldn't live with the guilt of something happening to you." She says milling as she hugs you. "Let's go to the station and I'll drive you home." She says getting up and helping you.

"Okay. But the guy was asking if I knew you. I don't know why but I never said I did." You'd say walking with her.

"Weird. I bet I arrested his buddy or something. Out to seek revenge." You both laugh.

You make it back to the station and you are waiting for Angela to get done talking to Grey. You sit at Angela's desk until Tim come up to you.

"He y/n." You guys do your handshake. "Long time no see."

"Hey Tim. How have you been." You ask happy to see someone familiar

"I'm good how about you. You still liking your job." He asks pulling up a seat next to you

"Yeah the bakery is great" you say

"That's good." He laughs

"What are you doing?" You ask  "like arnt you supposed to be working"

"Yeah. I have light shift this week. Just waiting on my rookie to get ready so we can go." He says

"Oh. That sucks." You say laughing at him

"Hey! Don't mock my downfalls." He says hitting your arm softly.

"Hey man. Whatever makes you upset makes me laugh." You say as he laughs.

"Alright kiddo I better go. I'll see you soon?" He say

"Hopefully. See you later." You say As Tim walks towards Lucy

"Who is that" Lucy asks referring to you

"Oh that y/n. Lopez's puppy." He say walking towards the shop

"What! Lopez has a puppy. Why are making so much fun of me for having a puppy." She asks offended

"One because Tamara is nothing like y/n and two I'm scared of Lopez" he states as he gets into the shop.

"What wrong with Tamara?" Lucy ask

"Nothing just y/n is way cooler." Tim says.

Lucy looks at him with disbelief. " I cannot believe you. You are so annoying." Lucy says rolling her eyes.

Eventually Angela gets out of greys office and take you home. "Ok I mean it. Stay out of trouble." She says giving you a hug.

"I will." You say smiling at her.

You walking to your front door and walk in. Angela makes sure you  make it all the way inside before driving off. Just to be safe.