Oh lucy

*MAJOR SEASON SIX SPOILERS*

Lucy slowly walks in to the apartment shutting the door and locking it behind her. She takes her shoes off and hangs up her coat and bag on the rack. She walks into her bedroom before, quite literally, flipping on the bed.

"UGH!" She groans load enough to where you can hear her from your room.

You decide to check on her as she just got back from a long shift. You knock on the door. "You okay Lucy?" You ask leaning your ear against the door.

"No." She says quietly and you open the door to see her face down on the bed.

"Oh Lucy? What happened?" You ask sitting on her bed next to her rubbing her back to comfort her.

She doesn't reply but says put. You don't ask again as to not pressure her into telling you.

"Do you want me to get you anything? Sandwich? Water?" You ask continuing to softy rub her back.

She turns her head over to look at you but still fully lying in the bed. You notice that her cheeks have tear stains and her eyes look puffy.

"Could you get ice cream?" She asks and you slightly chuckle

"Of course. Any specific kind?"

"Triple chocolate." She answer quietly

"Alright. I'll be back in 5." You say softly patting her shoulder.

You drive to the grocery store and walk down the freezer aisle in search for triple chocolate. You near the ice cream section when your bump into Tim.

He looks up away from his phone. "Y/n? What are you doing at the store so late?"

"Oh I'm just getting Lucy some things. She seems to be a bit upset about something." You say oblivious to the awkwardness Tim has.

"Yeah? That's nice of you." He says

"What about you? Being at the store so late?" You ask with a small smile

He looks down at his basket. "Oh ya know. Just getting some things for the week." You also look down at his basket and see basic groceries.

"Well I better get back to Lucy." You say

"Yeah of course." He says scratching his head.

You go to walk off. "Oh wait Tim?" You call back causing him to turn around. "Do you have any idea why Lucy might be upset. Did something happened at work?" You ask

"Yn." Tim starts debating whether or not to tell you. "Lucy and I broke up."

Your eyes widen with shock. "Oh. Well I hope you are doing okay. And don't worry. I'll take care of Lucy." You say and he nods before you both part ways.

You grab the ice cream and make your way back to the apartment. As you walk in you see Lucy still on her bed now under and blanket. You grab a spoon and bring the carton of ice cream.

"Here you are m'lady." You say jokingly handing her the spoon and ice cream.

"She slightly smiles. "Thanks y/n. You're the best."

You go to walk out to let her sleep but she pats the spot on her bed next to her. You go and sit down there and she rests her head in your shoulder.

No one says anything and you both just sit in silence while she eats your ice cream. You debate on wether telling her you saw Tim or not. You decide not to yet and get her out if her own thoughts

"The weirdest thing happened today at work." You start and Lucy hums to indicate she listening. "There was this guy who came in looking for his wife who was in labor. And so naturally I show him the room and leave them be. A few minutes later another guy comes in who was looking for his girlfriend who was in labor. So I show the room and pay little attention to anything. But get this! They were both there for the same gal in labor! It was so awkward John and Celina had to come down and escort the boyfriend out." You tell her smiling.

Lucy smiles "I'm glad everything's okay but that's too funny. Did she have her baby?"

You smile as Lucy smiles. "Yeah a baby boy. Biologically related to the husband. But that's all the deets I get to know."

"I bet they stay together. A baby could do that to a couple." Lucy suggests

"Yeah. I hope so. He was way more polite." You say causing both of you to chuckle.

"Did you know John and Bailey are thinking about having a baby?" You ask her to keep conversation flowing.

"That's fun?" She says questioning

"I hope so. I was talking to John and he was hesitant to tell me anything. But I think he'll go soft and let Bailey have a kid." You say stealing a spoonful of ice cream.

"Hey!" Lucy yells laughing. Hitting your shoulder

You out your arms up in defeat. "Anything new in your life?" You ask hoping she'll tell you about Tim.

"Um? Tamara thinks she'll be moving out next month." She says

"That's too bad." You say pausing. "Although it will be quieter here when she does."

"Y/n?! Won't you miss her?" Lucy asks

"Oh course. But I think it'll be good for her to move out. Away from a cop and nurse. Kinda traumatizing the stories we tell her." You say

"Yeah. But I'll miss her." Lucy says eating a mouthful of ice cream.

"Yeah." You yawn and look at your watch. "Alright I'm gonna head to bed." You say getting up. You get to the door

"Y/n. I'm going to tell you but I don't want to talk about it today." She says

"Okay?"

"Tim broke up with me. I'm sad. He is probably sad. But I'll get over it." She says

"I'll be here whenever you need." You say before smiling at her and going to bed.