Im sorry

You unbuckle your seatbelt before stepping out of your shop still in your uniform . Once you shut the door you take one deep breath as you begin to walk forward. Every ounce of you dreading the conversation you're about to have.

You walk through the rain up to the front door you know all too well. As you step up to the porch you take another breath before ringing the door bell. You hope they don't answer the door. You hope you will never have to tell them what happened.

You can hear footsteps walk up to the door. You hear the deadbolt click and the door open. "Y/n? What are you doing out in the rain. Come in come in." Luna grey says

"I'd rather deliver the news like this." You say looking at Luna. She reads your face and realizes something is wrong.

"WADE! Y/n is here." Luna yells into the house.

Grey walks to the doorway. "Y/n? Is everything alright?" Grey says standing next to Luna.

You look at both of them before taking another breath. You pull out a small paper. The one grey gave you on your second day. A paper with what you needed to tell a lady when you found her dead son.

"I am officer l/n." You pause looking back at them. "But I am here for you as your friend." You say holding your eye contact with Grey. You look into his eyes and can tell he knows what's happening.

"Luna and Wade Grey, the LAPD found your daughter Dominique today." You look from Wade to Luna her eyes watering over. You pause thinking back to the moment you and Tim found her. "And unfortunately, after having detectives look at the case, your daughter is deceased." You look up at them as Luna starts crying with Wade. He stands still not letting tears fall.

There is a long silence as you wait. "Sir. You can cry." You say quietly. "You don't have to be strong for me." He nods slowly and hugs his wife tighter.

You hesitate before speaking's again. "I'm here if you need anything." You pause and you make eye contact with Luna. "As y/n. Not as an officer." They both nod. "I'm sorry." Is all you can say as you see how broken and torn they are.

"Thank you y/n. I know this was hard for you to do." Luna says

"Please luna, don't worry about me. I'll be fine. And please, call me if you need anything." She nods.

Both Luna and Wade go to close the door. "Sergent grey." You speak out.

"Yes y/n."

"I need you to know you cannot work on this case. No matter what." You inform him knowing he already knows

"Yeah." He nods his head

"Have a good night sir. And I'm sorry" you say as they continue to close the door.