Ch.1

My name is Juniper, I am 18 years old. I lost my hearing in a car accident I don't know how it was possible but some how I hit my head the right way and I damaged my ears. The doctors said it will take a miracle for me to get my hearing back, my parents are very supportive but I am tired of them always crowding around me. That's why I have finally locked my door and shut them out, heck I shut the whole world out. I closed my windows drew my blinds and here I sit in my bed only caring about the book in front of me and the world I wish was around me. I sit quietly reading the Hobbit, my father always read me this book every night before I went to bed. I remember his soft voice reading to me the tales of Bilbo Baggins and his braveness and curiosity. I always wished that I was in Middle Earth, I always wanted to see Rivendale, Mirkwood, Erebor and even bag-end. When Peter Jackson made the movies I always could get into them, I never cared if they were different I just wanted my own simple fact of being able to have something that could make me feel as if I'm right there in the action.

My parents got me a therapist after the accident 2 days ago but if I wanted one thing most to go away it was her.............she could be a sweet lady but I just didn't want that, I'm 18 going on 19 and I didn't want to be different from others, even though most 18 year old girls aren't deaf. I had my phone on my leg and I felt it vibrate and I looked down and there was a text from my boyfriend. Honestly he wasn't much of a boyfriend, he never cared about me till now. He only liked me for my voice, he always said I have the voice of an angel and he loved my singing. Now I only talk in my regular voice to my parents and sometimes my therapist, even though I can't hear myself I know what I'm saying and I know it is coming out the way I want it. I set my book on my lap and I picked up my phone and I read the message, he wrote "Hey Juniper, we don't get to see each other anymore." No crap Sherlock I stay in my room for a reason. I finished the sentence and it read "I don't think this will work out now that your............anyway I hate to do this but I guess this is goodbye. ~Jason" I almost laughed, I said in my head "Wow what a coward!"

I texted him back and said "I'm sorry you can't deal with a deaf girl as a girlfriend! You can sugar coat it anyway you want it doesn't work. Find someone else to do your bidding!"

I waited for him to text back but I knew he wouldn't, I put my phone on my bed and I started reading again. I got to the part were Bilbo was saving the others from the spiders. Then I got the urge to go to the window and watch the kids. I sat on my window seat and I watched out the window, and the kids were playing hockey in the streets, I remember doing that as a kid with my friend that lived next door. We did everything together, but one day he went outside and he was deathly allergic to bees and I wasn't there to keep him away from them...........he was stung 24 times by a bunch of bees. Finding out that your best friend died at the age of 13 was the hardest thing I could ever take, even though it's been 15 years. I still have a picture of us together next to my bed. I walked to my bed and as soon as I sat down I got a text from my mom, I wondered if she was yelling at me to open the door. But the message said "Pack your things now!"

I messaged her back and said "Why?"

She replied quickly and said "Your going to New Zealand! Peter Jackson read about you on the news and he is inviting you to New Zealand for a week and he is gonna show you all around. The cast is also being gathered for you to hang with them" I sat looking at my phone in disbelief and I said "Your lying!"

My mom said "You think I would lie about this, come read the message for your self. Now if you believe me pack your things cause you need to be on a plane by 2:00P.M. he already has everything set up." I was in shock, I packed my things and I made sure I had my books and everything then I looked at my clock and it read 1:00 P.M. I was so happy I live 20 minutes from the airport cause I would be rushing if I didn't.

I got downstairs and my mom signed to me "Me and your father will take you, but your going on you own." I jumped up an down and said Without signing. "I'm so excited, how did he even find out about me?" My mom explained to me that it was all over the media about me, people are so inspired by your strength to go on." I thought it was no big deal, I'm only a simple person who lost there hearing to a head on collision. How am I so special. I hugged my parents then I went back to my room, I looked and at the side of my bed was a picture of me and my best friend playing by the water fall in town. I grabbed the picture and hugged it to my chest and I said in my head "Look Jayden, were going to New Zealand. I wish you were here buddy." I put my picture in my suit case and I went down stairs at 1:30 and my mom said "Ready to go?" I smiled and said "Ready as I'll ever be."