Chapter Ten

Three days later, Wonwoo stared moodily at the locked door of Mingyu's bedroom. He couldn't hear anything from the other side.

He lifted his hand and banged on the door, ignoring the voice in the back of his mind that told him he was crazy.

He didn't care. He was exhausted and short-tempered from barely sleeping for the fourth night in a row.

It was all his fault.

The door opened and Wonwoo found himself on the receiving end of a cold stare. Mingyu leaned a wide shoulder against the frame of the doorway, scrutinizing him from head to toe. He was wearing only a pair of black boxers, his dark hair bangs falling free.

Wonwoo shifted from one foot to the other, looking anywhere but at Mingyu's bare chest and the tattoos on his muscular arms.

"Is there a reason you're banging on my door at six in the morning?" Mingyu said.

Wonwoo crossed his arms over his chest. "I'm hungry."

"You're hungry," Mingyu repeated, somehow managing to convey how utterly unimportant the fact was to him without changing his expression.

"Yes," Wonwoo said. "I haven't eaten anything since yesterday afternoon." He couldn't resist a glance over Mingyu's shoulder at the large bed dominating the room. It was empty, the sheets crumpled. "So your whore is gone," he said before he could stop himself.

He immediately regretted it as Mingyu's gaze sharpened, something like amusement appearing on his face. "Were you listening at the door, kitten?"

Wonwoo glared at him. "I couldn't sleep all night because of her moans. For the fourth night in a row. And did you have to fuck her at three in the morning in our—in the bathroom we share?" Unable to look Mingyu in the eye any longer, he shifted his gaze to Mingyu's left ear. "I'm hungry, and I need something else to wear. The shirt you gave me feels gross already."

"It's endearing how you think you can disturb my sleep without a good enough reason," Mingyu said, a touch of steel sounding in his voice.

Wonwoo froze, eyes flickering to Mingyu's. He swallowed.

Mingyu reached out, took the collar of Wonwoo's shirt, and tugged him closer. Wonwoo's heart thudded in his throat, his mouth dry.

"Or did you just want my attention, love?"

Flushing, Wonwoo shook his head. Of course he didn't want Mingyu's attention. He'd had plenty of it in the last three days. Every day, Mingyu would come to his room, talk to him about seemingly unrelated things, and just watch him. It was kind of maddening, although Wonwoo couldn't really complain that he was being mistreated. He had a soft bed, he was fed well enough, and the guards' beatings were a distant memory now. Mingyu didn't even touch him anymore. Frankly, Wonwoo had little to complain about. As far as kidnappings went, this hadn't been that unpleasant of an experience—if only he hadn't been forced to listen to women orgasm every night.

Mingyu chuckled, his hand moving from Wonwoo's shirt to his throat. His thumb pressed against Wonwoo's madly beating pulse. "Little liar," he said. "Did you come here because you were jealous of the nice woman who entertained me last night?"

Wonwoo spluttered. "Jealous? I don't like you. You're a horrible, evil person."

"With cruel eyes," Mingyu added, amusement lacing his words. "Don't forget the cruel eyes."

"Don't make fun of me," Wonwoo said, pouting. It took him a moment to register that he was actually pouting. He blinked. What the hell. He'd always been very self-conscious about his facial expressions and rarely allowed himself to appear anything but masculine. When, exactly, had he let his guard down around Mingyu?