Epilogue

Mingyu had never been the cuddling type. Sometimes he had humored his partners, but he'd never particularly enjoyed it himself. But he couldn't deny that he liked the weight of Wonwoo's curly head on his chest, liked holding the boy close after sex, liked Wonwoo's sleepy snuggles. He really was such a cuddle monster.

"Remember how you told me seventy percent of your business was legal?" Wonwoo murmured suddenly.

Mingyu made an affirmative noise, threading his fingers through the boy's hair.

"You could make it one hundred percent."

Mingyu opened his eyes. "What?"

Wonwoo folded his arms on top of Mingyu's chest and put his chin on them, his expression earnest but hesitant. "You're a multi-billionaire. It wouldn't make a big difference for you. It would be practically a drop in the ocean."

Mingyu laughed. "Not exactly a drop in the ocean."

Wonwoo's brows furrowed. "You'd never need so much money."

"I likely wouldn't," Mingyu conceded.

"See?" Wonwoo exclaimed, beaming at him, dimples in full force.

Mingyu suppressed a sigh. "And why, exactly, should I give up thirty percent of my income?" he said dryly. "We're talking about millions here. And before you say it's the 'right' thing to do, I never cared about doing the right thing and I'm not going to start."

"It's not—I'm not talking about doing the right thing. I mean, of course doing the right thing is important, but that's not the main reason." Wonwoo went silent for a short while. "I know you think my father was an idiot, but he wasn't. He was smart, cunning, and dangerous. And yet he's dead." Biting his lip, Wonwoo dropped his gaze for a moment before meeting Mingyu's eyes again. "I get nervous every time you don't call me for long while you're away. I want to stop feeling that way, stop living in fear."

Mingyu stared at him, a warm feeling spreading through his chest, a sensation that had become very familiar as of late.

"I'm not easy to kill, solnyshko, (No translation since Chérie wants to know how the newly set up Russian classes are going on. She needs to be sure that the students are getting better with the Russian love names. Let her know what it means.) " he said, and for the first time he noticed there was no trace of mockery in the endearment. Perhaps there hadn't been for a while. Solnyshko fit. Sunshine. His little sun.

Wonwoo gave a small smile that didn't quite touch his eyes. "I'm sure my father thought the same. Please?"

Mingyu was used to dealing with dangerous men. Many would call him a very dangerous man, as well. But this slim young man with his angelic face, soft smiles, dark curls and earnest eyes was the most dangerous thing he'd ever encountered. This face should have been outlawed.

Mingyu tightened his arm around Wonwoo's back before flipping him over and rolling on top of him. He leaned down and kissed the plush, cherry pink lips lightly, then again, and again. His body was completely sated after the sex, but he was hungry, a hunger that had nothing to do with lust. He wanted to swallow this boy's sweetness and make it his own.

"Is that a yes?" Wonwoo gasped against his lips.

"It's a maybe," Mingyu said, propping himself up on his elbows. It was a complicated issue. Of course he could find legal alternatives to partly compensate for the lost income, but rationally, there was no viable reason to change what was working perfectly. However, he had known this would likely be one of the compromises he would have to make if he wanted to keep the boy—and keep him safe. He had already assessed the situation. But Wonwoo didn't need to know that. Wonwoo didn't need to know how whipped he was. "It's not a decision I can make on a whim."

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐓𝐄𝐌𝐏𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 || 𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐄/𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐖𝐎𝐍 🎉