Chapter 12

3 weeks passed and Lilith's eyes slowly fluttered open. Finding herself in a hospital bed alone she looked outside of the window just to see that it was night time. She looked around and saw a digital clock on the wall across from her and saw that it was 1:32 AM in the morning.

There were a lot of IV tubes attached to her arm and she has those breathing tubes on her nose as well. She slowly sat up wincing in pain, she felt her chest and found bandages wrapped all around it.

'So they forced surgery on my body then?'

'It isn't much of a shocker considering I was postponing it for far too long than my body could handle... I probably could've died long ago with Shinichiro..."

"So they left my phone here..." Taking her phone from her bedside table she called her grandfather.

"Grandpa..." She called out as soon as he answered the phone.

"Oh... Dear heavens, Lilith, you're finally awake!.." She could hear him choke a sob out as he said that while trying to keep quiet since it's late at night. She could predict that her brothers are currently home sleeping and that Izana probably moved in as she planned. Judging by how relieved he sounded, he was probably afraid to lose another grandchild once again. After all, he just recently lost Emma...

"Yes, Grandpa... I'm feeling good and healthy. Have my requests been fulfilled while I was out?" She asked.

"Of Course." He choked a sob.

She sighed, "That's good then... I was worried." She smiled in relief.

Although with a smile, she felt like crying for an unknown reason. She knows exactly why. She felt the need to leave again... She couldn't help but face it. Every time she gets hospitalized before in her younger years... She felt all alone as she actually was... All she had was Shinichiro, but Shinichiro is gone. This fact confuses her every time, she doesn't know what to do after being hospitalized since Shinichiro is the one who always distracts her.

"I'm sorry for worrying all of you, grandpa..."

"Lilith, I know what you're thinking. If you're thinking about going anywhere... As always, please tell me so I could check up on you on a regular."

...

Looks like grandpa was already a few steps ahead of me... Well that's alright.

"Of course... I plan to stay here for a little longer through recovery. Could you tell my brothers when I'm gone here that I switched hospitals? Don't tell them where but I will actually switch hospitals just in case. I'll go to Yokohama for now..." She explained.

"Just be careful in Yokohama, you know how things are there. It's dangerous when the Port Mafia roams around." Her grandfather warned her.

"You need not worry grandpa, I know a person from there..." She subconsciously smiled at the thought.

"You mean that kid when you were younger?"

"Yes... Shinichiro sure didn't like him, but I did." She chuckled at the thought.

"Alright then, take care. I'll check up on you later in the morning, do you want anything for breakfast?"

"Some Yakisoba would suffice. Thank you, take care as well. Bye grandpa."

"Bye Lilith..." With that the call ended.

She internally sighed before calling another person.

"*BANG BANG BANG* Oh princess, what made you call me at this hour?" A low yet playful voice answers the call after a few gunshots.