Introduction

I've heard 'I'm sorry for your loss' multiple times today, but things couldn't be worse. I was only 16 when my parents were killed in a car accident, leaving me behind.

My mom always talked about how lonely she felt, how she couldn't bear to be without a husband. She would find a new partner whenever one left or passed away, which is how I ended up with brothers I'd never met before. I guess this time they decided to show up.

"Freen?" A cold, deep voice called out, and I turned to see three striking figures approaching. Dressed in black suits, they looked like something out of a movie. Were these the brothers my mom mentioned? I never imagined they'd be so handsome. Maybe I was adopted.

"Are you okay?" The youngest one asked, his beautiful eyes catching mine. Another nudged him, and he quickly apologized.

"I'm Mile," the one with the stunning eyes introduced himself. "I'm our mother's second son. This is Mew, and this is Bright."

Bright seemed the youngest, and Mew appeared indifferent, his expression unmoved as if bored by the conversation.

"We knew Mom needed someone to lean on, so we let her do what she wanted. She left us with enough to get by and just sent money for allowance and food," Bright explained. "I didn't realize you were a girl."

"Yeah, unfortunately," I replied, avoiding their gaze and staring up at the sky. "The funeral's over. You can all go back," I said, preparing to leave, but Mile gently grabbed my arm.

"We're not here for Mom, Freen. We're here for you. We know how tough this is, losing both your parents," Mile's stern expression softened. "Your dad treated us like family. He'd sneak away from Mom just to see us. And he asked one thing of us – to take care of you if anything happened, because you meant everything to him. He didn't want you to suffer."

Mew nodded, and Bright looked concerned. I sighed, feeling a mix of fear and gratitude. They looked like mafia bosses, but I remembered my father's words about them being kind and generous.

"Don't worry, we'll take care of you. Whatever you need, we'll provide," Mile reassured me, smiling and wrapping his arm around mine. "Are you hungry? Should we grab something to eat?"

"Pasta!" Bright and I exclaimed simultaneously. I frowned, and Mile chuckled.

"You two are definitely siblings," he said, shaking his head before walking away.

I used to be angry at my mom for keeping my brothers from me, but now I understand she wasn't hiding them. Maybe she thought they'd be jealous because she was so focused on raising me.

"Mew, do you want pasta too?" Bright tried to put his arm around Mew, who brushed it off. "Aw, why?"

"Stop it, Bright. You're annoying him," Mile laughed.

"Fine," Bright pouted.

Bright might still be young, but I knew he was older than me, just a year or so. As for how it all happened, don't ask me.

***