Chapter 35

"You know what I want to see, Ms. Chankimha." The president stood up from his chair and gestured for me to hand over the folders containing proposals from various organizations. "I understand you're busy, but if you can't handle it, you can always step down."

His words hit me hard, the most hurtful I'd ever heard. I felt lower than ever before. I couldn't understand what was wrong with the proposals; to me, they seemed fine and flawless.

"Can I have another chance? I'll speak to them, Pres," I said, lowering my head.

"You're not expecting me to give you a chance, are you? Do you really want this position, or are you just here because we appointed you?" he questioned. "I don't need a heartless president in my university."

"I'll make it right, sir," I replied, still unable to meet his gaze. I was at a loss for words, wondering what had gone wrong so suddenly. Everything was fine before; what changed?

"What did he say?" Billy asked as soon as I left the office.

"I need to talk to all the Directors of Sub-organizations. Where's Nam?" I asked, continuing on.

"She's in the office. What happened in there, Freen?" Billy tried to keep up, but I stopped abruptly, causing him to bump into me.

In the distance, I spotted Becky sleeping on a bench, a handkerchief over her face, while girls gathered around her, snapping photos. She seemed unaware. I wanted to shoo them away, but I had to focus on my task.

"Jealous much?" Billy teased, glancing at Becky.

"Does everyone know she's my girlfriend?" I asked.

"Why?" Billy tilted his head. "They're Becky's fans. They probably wish she wasn't in a relationship. You can't chase them away."

"Okay," I said, turning toward the office.

I asked Nam to draft a memo excusing all the Directors for tomorrow, so we could discuss their proposals in a meeting. As I reviewed the proposals, they seemed fine to me. I struggled to find any constructive feedback. Things were tough right now.

"Miss Pres?" Someone knocked on the door, and although I knew who it was, I granted permission. "Can I come in?"

"Go ahead, babe," I said, and she peeked in before entering fully. She carried her duffle bag and wore her jersey, probably from training.

"You're not heading home yet?" she asked.

"Hm," I nodded, adjusting my reading glasses. "You should go home and rest. I'll message you when I'm done."

Becky nodded but remained seated. Instead, she leaned in. "I'll wait for you."

"But you look tired, babe," I said, but she insisted she was okay, crossing her arms and closing her eyes as she had moments ago.

Now, I understood why girls flocked to her earlier. My girlfriend was stunning, even in sleep. She looked angelic.

I rose slowly, positioning myself in front of her to admire her beauty. I felt incredibly lucky to have her. What had I done to deserve her?

I leaned in to examine her lips, recalling the night I stole her first kiss. She was so innocent and adorable. Why was I so in love with her?

"Done staring?" Becky's eyes fluttered open, catching me.

"Did I wake you?" I asked.

"Not really. I wasn't asleep," she replied, wrapping her arms around my neck. "Want a closer look?" She pulled me closer, causing our lips to meet briefly before I stepped back. Becky chuckled and shook her head before resuming her previous position.

Instead of returning to my seat, I leaned in and kissed her, causing her eyes to widen. I smiled and returned to my seat.

"Finally, I feel energized," I said, stretching. Becky glared at me.

"You're such a tease. How can I nap now?" she teased.

"Go ahead. I'll wake you up when I'm done, and we'll go home," I promised, and she nodded.

Lost in my work, I didn't notice the time. When I checked the clock, it was already 7 pm. With classes and obligations looming, I knew Becky and I needed rest.

"Babe," I called, waking her. "Time to go home. I'm sorry."

Becky rubbed her eyes and nodded. "Are you finished? Shall I drive you home?"

"No, I'll drive you and call my brother. You're tired," I said, gently massaging her back. She smiled and kissed the back of my hand. "Sorry it's late."

"It's early. I can still get a solid 8 hours," she joked, grabbing her bag and heading out.

Just like what I said, I drove her at her house and called my brother. However, no one responded yet so I stayed at Becky's room while she was taking a quick bath.

"Still no response?" Becky called from the bathroom.

"Nothing. I'll try again."

I called again, and finally, Mew answered.

"I'm at Becky's. Can you fetch me?" I asked.

"Tell her," I heard Faye in the background.

"Is that Faye?" I asked, but Mew didn't answer.

"Can you stay at Becky's tonight? I have things to do. Did you call Mile?" he asked, ignoring my question.

"Yes, but no answer," I replied, puzzled by their conversation.

"Okay, stay there. Sorry, baby," Mew said before hanging up.

"What did he say?" Becky asked, emerging from the bathroom, towel wrapped around her.

"I'm staying here tonight," I said, eyeing her.

"Fine. You can share my bed," she shrugged, focusing on her skincare routine.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"I mean sleep, Freen. You and your dirty mind," she teased, and we both laughed.

Of course, I knew what she meant.