(iii) agar tum saath ho

"Tum saath ho ya na ho, kya fark hai?"

Inayat's POV

"I was about to say just that. Well then, I'm Advait Singh Mewar and it's nice to meet you-?" The smile on my face disappeared as soon as I heard what came out his mouth, this wasn't something I could've seen coming. But, I should've seen this coming.

I left the place after paying and he came after me. What is he even thinking? I ran away from him all I could but I had to halt near his car. Kahaan hi jaati mai? He leaned on the door of his car. He's so annoying.

(Where would have I gone anyways?)

He dragged me into his car after talking to someone on his phone. Who has even given him the right to do all this? We reached my place and he was coming inside. I'm not letting him do that. He did that anyway.

If all this wasn't enough for today, as if everything isn't going so fast already, my sister or should I say the villain of my life decided to announce him and I's Roka. I lost it at that point, I couldn't bear it anymore.

This day opened up a lot of scars from my past and sprinkled salt on every single one of them. My happy life was falling apart and there was nothing left that I could do to stop any of this. I could say no to Jiju. That would save everything.

But, it isn't your problem, Ina. It's still your family's problem. I am pretty sure I have lost it at this point. I excused myself and moved upstairs to my room. I felt like I was suffocating in that room, I couldn't bear it.

I entered my room and closed the door but didn't lock it. I sat on my bed and covered my eyes, tears formed in them due to the overwhelmingness I've felt in the last few hours. I sighed and went to wash my face.

When I came back after washing my face, Vaidehi was already there in my room and she sat there waiting for some explanations. She looked at me with disappointment and then hugged me. I melted in her embrace and started crying. She tried to comfort me and made me drink some water and sit down.

"Inayat, look at me," She commanded and I followed her commands like an obedient child. "You'll be alright. He doesn't matter. What matters is that you care for yourself. Please stop shedding your tears for someone who doesn't deserve that." She wiped my tears and side hugged me again.

I told her everything that happened moment to moment. Since the moment Kabir dropped me off. I said everything between sobs.

"I... I don't know if I'm gonna say no, Vaidu. It's for Jiju, he looked like he needed this. I can't leave him stranded. He doesn't deserve that." I took a deep breath and drank some water. The door opened and Kabir entered the room. He looked at me and then at Vaidehi.

"Kabir, tune usey wahaan dekha tha, ha ya nahi?" Vaidehi stood up and asked Kabir in a stern voice. Kabir nodded.

(You say him there, yes or no?)

"Toh tujhe yeh nahi lagta ki tujhe Inayat ko batana chahiye tha?" She asked him very calmly and then looked at me. He looked at me too.

"I'm sorry, Ini. I shouldn't have done that to you." He came and sat next to me. He looked at me with apologetic eyes and then hugged me. I reciprocated the hug, showing him I had forgiven him. There wasn't anything else I could've done, he's my support system.

"We'll talk to Didi and Jiju and ask them to cancel this nonsense. What were they even thinking?" He assured me and I looked at him with a confused face.

"No, no, no, Kabir. He needs my help for the first time in my entire life. I will help him even if it means marrying that person." I stated.

"You can help him without giving your life away, Inayat Sharma." Vaidehi walked towards us and tried to take my side.