(viii) waqt ki baatien

"Maana dil dara-dara hai, tuta yeh zara-zara hai"

ADVAIT'S POV

I was setting my hair for one last time and someone knocked the door. I went to see who it was. I opened the door to find Inayat standing right there. She wore a beautiful chiffon saree with a dark pink blouse. It was of beautiful a pastel blue color with golden borders on its curvy-shaped ends, of which one was pinned to her blouse. There were flowers embroidered at many places on the whole saree, giving her the most regal look. What are you thinking about, Adi!?

She wore beautiful earrings and a choker with that. She looked perfect in those colors and that jewelry. Only thing that was missing was a smile, which I hadn't seen in a long time. Don't get me wrong, she smiled after we met again, but none of those smiles were even close to her true smile. Because, when she truly smiled, her face would glow with the most beautiful shades of pink on her cheeks. I don't know where that is lost now. You're supposed to hate her Advait, not think about her like this. Stop thinking.

"What are you doing here?" I asked and leaned onto the door. I tried to get my mind off of her but this wasn't helping even one bit.

"What do you mean? You were the one that sent me the invite, weren't you?" She scoffed and rolled her eyes. Well, this is helping. Annoy me more.

"Yeah, no but I was asking about why you're here, like right now in my room?" I asked.

"Firstly, I am not in your room and secondly, your dear mother sent me here. I didn't even know that she sent me to your room. Believe me, if I knew I wouldn't have come." She declared and started walking away. She couldn't possibly be that clueless.

I didn't know what to do so I just grabbed her wrist and pulled her back to me. What am I even doing? It's official, I have gone crazy.

"What are you doing?" She removed her wrist from my grab immediately. She cleaned her wrist with her other hand's palm looking right at me.

"Well, you see, Maa Sa sent you here, she must have reasons for it. Besides, now I think we should go downstairs together to maintain the act, you know." I explained and she nodded.

"I guess we could do that," She said and tucked her hair behind her ears. "But, if you do something this absurd to me next time, you'll be dead. And, this doesn't mean you're right, mister." She warned me. As if I was going to be scared by that.

She stared right at me with daggers shooting right out of her eyes but that didn't affect me. I laughed at it. But then, she looked at me with those disappointed eyes. The ones she made when we last actually talked. That really hurt.

When I looked away, she grabbed me by my biceps and pulled me closer to her. But then she almost hugged me in order to reach my ears. This shocked me to say the least. She was so close that I could feel her breathing.

"You better not forget that this so-called lovey-dovey act is just in front of other people's eyes. You try anything, you best believe you'll face consequences for it." She whispered into my ears.

"If these are your so-called consequences, then, bring it on." I whispered back into her ears sarcastically.

"We'll see about that," She whispered into my ears again and started walking away just before turning back and rolling her eyes at me.

"Weren't we supposed to go wherever Maa Sa is together?" I said and looked at her as she stopped walking and just stood there. She was probably cursing me.

But me? I took my pleasant time to get out of the room. I made her stand there for five minutes. When I finally went back to her I controlled myself and tried my best to not say anything because otherwise she might have thrown me off the stairs. It feels so good seeing her annoyed like that, but this still doesn't feel enough.