(vii) kasoor

"Tere zulfon ki yeh nami, teri aankhon ka yeh nasha,"

Inayat's POV

I was bidding farewell to some of my dad's friends and their families alone. After they left, Shreya and Rishi walked towards me. We had a little chat and then Shreya checked at the time and reminded Rishi that they had to leave for the airport. I saw them off as they walked away.

"Inayat," I heard someone call me, and I turned towards the voice. I found the smile on my face dropping immediately. It had been a long time since I had heard him calling me by name. It hurts a little hearing that but that's okay.

"I have to tell you something," He explained. Tell me what? That he's actually in love with that bi— girl and wants to get married to her?

He directed me towards a different place, near a few chairs and walked there as I followed behind him trying my best to hide the uninterestedness on my face. Trying my best to act like I care.

He pulled out two of the chairs and sat on one of them and I sat down too. Why should I stand when he's sitting?

"Okay so, here's what happened. Before dinner I went outside, looking for my mother. I found her but she was crying. But, apparently it was just tears of joy because she was so happy that I was getting married to you. Now, she believed that we had worked out our differences and got together and tried to give this marriage a chance. She looked very happy, so I didn't really tell her that it isn't like that. I might or might not have led her to believe that we're actually giving this marriage a try." He spoke and spoke and spoke. Giving me no chance to even ask anything. I tried to comprehend all of what he had said in the past one minute he was speaking for. It took me more time to comprehend than it took for him to say it.

"Huh? What the hell do you mean you led her to believe that? Go tell her that it isn't true, why are you telling me about this." I said in a nonchalant tone.

"Well, the thing is, what if lead all of them, not just Maa Sa to believe that we're giving this marriage a chance and have overcome our differences. This way, they wouldn't nag us constantly." He said. Wait, this makes sense.

"Why, though? Is this because you're a pathological liar?" I replied, with a taunt with years worth pain present in it. I also rolled my eyes.

"Firstly, no, I'm not any kind of a liar. If it's anyone, it's you. But this is so that we could live in peace. But this isn't something you'd get and that's fine, I understand some things are hard for you to understand, Sweetheart." He had a sly smile on his face when he spoke. HE CALLED ME A LIAR AND SWEETHEART!? I am neither.

"Okay whatever, but dare to call me sweetheart again and see the consequences you face, douchebag," I glared at him. "And to confirm, are you suggesting that we pull off an act of being a happy couple, not just in front of the media, but also our families. And, what will we tell them about when we made this decision?" I countered.

"Pulling off an act in front of them would not be so hard, believe me," He let out a chuckle. "Oh, and about when that happened, we'll tell them that we discussed that day at Qalaa." He smiled sarcastically and patted himself on the back. He's so annoying.

"But, douchebag, if you don't remember, there were other people, Kabir and Vaidehi to be specific that day with us. What will we tell them?" I questioned him. This wasn't a foolproof but rather fools only plan.

"The truth. Just the two of them and our siblings will know the truth." He said before he dialed someone from his phone. And by the way he talked to the person I concluded that it was Kabir.