Ch. 1 Illusion??

Author's POV

"Piyali..... Get up now yaar." A girl in green anarkali screamed at the sleeping figure of her friend.

" A girl in green anarkali screamed at the sleeping figure of her friend

"I have to leave for the temple. And don't forget, Hriday is coming back today. So get up and clean his room before he comes and see the mess you have created." She glared at her friend through the mirror while combing her freshly washed hair.

"Kya yaar Rudhvi...... Bestie tu meri hai, aur indirectly sath tu us chachundar ka deti hai. I am so sick of this fake love." Her friend sat on the bed rubbing her eyes and complained in a croaky morning voice.

( What is this, Rudhvi....... You are my best friend, but you indirectly support that mole. I'm so sick of this fake love. )

"Ho gaya tera? Agar na hua ho to lage reh, main chali." The girl named Rudhvika, said and moved away from the mirror to her study table to pick her dupatta before exiting the room trailed by her best friend.

( Are you done? If not, then continue, I am leaving. )

"Accha sun na, bhagwan se mere liye ek acha sa rich boyfriend bhi maang liyo." Her friend called her out from behind when she entered the kitchen.

( Okay listen, Please ask a nice rich boyfriend for me from God. )

Rudhvika turned around grabbing the prayer plate in her hands and mirrored her best friend's sheepish smile as she replied to her earlier words.

"Uske liye shakal bhi achi honi chahiye." She flicked Piyali's forehead lightly and started moving towards the main door, leaving her sulking friend behind.

( For that one should have a good face too. )

Just as she opened the door, a shriek left her mouth and she flinched back due to an abrupt intrusion of a head popping through the slightly parted door out of nowhere before her eyes.

"Good Morning Rudhvika Ji......."

A male in his early thirties stepped inside pushing the gate fully open which made Rudhvika to step back instantly. His face displayed a lecherous smile as he gazed her quivering figure up and down whilst biting the insides of his lips.

Piyali saw the turn of events and came forward to her friend's rescue because the man in front of them was none other than the debauchee son of their landlord, who had his lustful eyes always pinned to Rudhvika. And since they were void of parents from childhood, they decided to play the role of each other's parents.

"Good Morning Sunny Bhaiya." Piyali almost yelled walking close to the man on their doorstep and stood facing him to block his vision so he won't be able to put his dirty gaze on her friend.