Enough For You

Summary: after breaking up with her boyfriend of six years, Taylor started to give up on love, until she met a 6'4 football player who proved to her that she deserved to be loved in the way that he loved her.

...............

Travis watched in awe as his girlfriend sang illicit affairs on the stage. How can someone be so effortlessly beautiful? He thought.

They were currently at night five of the Singapore shows and Travis finally made it down there to watch these last two shows before her two month break.

Travis was aware that he was being filmed from multiple angles, but he couldn't care less as he danced to the music and traded friendship bracelets.

He watched as she performed the surprise songs with a smile on his face. The first one, on the guitar, was a mashup of Sparks Fly and Gold Rush. The second one, on the piano, was a mashup of False God and "Slut!"

"This is awesome, dude! Why didn't you bring us to one of these earlier?" Travis' close friend and manager, Harry, asked excitedly.

Travis shrugged. "Haha, not sure, man. Glad you like it though! She's so perfect." He replied, looking back to continue staring at his pop star girlfriend.

Harry chuckled, shaking his head at how down bad his friend was. Travis kept dancing and singing along to the songs until it got to Mastermind, which is when he made his way down to greet Taylor after the show.

When Taylor changed the lyrics to "Karma is the guy on the Chiefs" everyone started cheering and Travis raised his hands and started dancing as a way of saying "yep, that's me!"

Taylor eventually thanked everyone for coming and bowed along with her backup dancers before disappearing under the stage. Travis got lead over to the backstage area where Taylor would be walking out of. He waited patiently until he saw her beautiful curly hair walk out from backstage.

She caught his eye and started picking up speed, forgetting to wave at fans like she usually did as she threw her arms around his shoulders, kissing him deeply. "Mm, that was amazing, baby!" He completed and Taylor blushed, burying her head into his neck as they stumbled behind the curtain.

"Did you and the others have fun?" She asked, latching her hands around his waist.

"We did! You were so amazing! And the icing on the cake is that you looked absolutely beautiful." He chuckled at the way her face flushed and she mumbled "thank you."

"Do you have a change of clothes here or do you wanna change at the hotel?" He asked and Taylor furrowed her eyebrows. "Uhm, I have a change of clothes here, why?"

He shrugged. "I have a surprise for you." Taylor's smiled brightened. "Really?" He nodded. "Yep! So go get changed." Taylor nodded and ran off to her dressing room while Travis followed behind. He waited outside of her dressing room as she changed, not wanting to walk in incase she didn't want him to.

"I'm ready!" She walked out with a pink shirt and jean shorts.

"Awesome." He turned towards her to grab her hand. "You look as beautiful as always." He complimented, enjoying the way her cheeks flushed.

"Thank you." She said shyly. They walked out of the stadium and got in the car. The car started to drive off into a direction that Taylor definitely wasn't aware of.

"Hey, this isn't in the direction of the hotel?" Taylor questioned. Travis shrugged. "I told you I was taking you for a surprise."

"Yeah, I just thought you meant something else." Taylor raised an eyebrow and Travis chuckled. "That's part two of the surprise." Taylor seemed cool with that answer so she just sunk back into her seat and waited for arrival. The car eventually came to a stop and the driver let them know of the arrival. They thanked him and got out of the car.

"Uh, Travis?" Taylor asked, her eyes wide.

"Yeah?" Travis replied, grabbing her hand and walking with her down the pier. "Uh, why are we walking to a boat?"

"I thought it would be nice to have a little boat date!" Travis replied with a beaming smile.

"What, really? Awesome!" Taylor cheered, a smile beaming on her face as well. They walked to the boat and Travis led her into and and to the center where he had a nice dinner set up. "Trav, it's my favorite!" She exclaimed.

"I know." He smiled. "That why I made it. Well, that's why the chef made it. I can't cook for shit." Taylor chuckled and dragged him a long to the table.

They sat down and Taylor almost immediately began to dig in. "Mh, this is so good! Thank you so much, Travis! I love this!" She smiled excitedly.

"No problem, baby. I feel like if there's anyone that deserves a nice relaxing boat date, it's you. You've worked your ass off for this tour. And you do so amazing every time. I'm a football player and will never understand how you can run around on a stage for almost three hours, dancing and singing nonstop. You're like a superhero. And I owe everything to that tour. 'Cause it it wasn't for it, I would never have met the love of my life."

Taylor felt tears prick her eyes and the sweet words that just came out of his mouth. He said he doesn't have a way with words, but Taylor definitely disagrees.

"awe, Travis! That so sweet. I'm glad this tour happened too. Not just because this is the biggest tour I've been on and I get to go to so many places and perform for so many people, but also because I met you, and I've never been happier.

Travis smiled at her before reaching into his pocket to grab something for her. "I also have a surprise for you!" He said. He grabbed out what looked to be a small black box. Uh, what?

Travis must've sensed Taylor's confusion 'cause he shook his head. "I'm not proposing, if that's what you're wondering." Taylor nodded, relaxing into her seat again. Not that I don't want to marry him, now just isn't a great time to start planning a wedding or anything.

"He opened the box and took out the ring. "This, Madame, is a promise ring." He closed the box and put it back into his hand. He reached over to grab Taylor's hand so he could slide the ring in it.

"It symbolizes commitment. I know now is not the time for us to get engaged. Everything's so busy and it just doesn't feel like the right time. But as of right now, this ring is a promise that one day I will swap it out with an engagement ring, and then a wedding ring, okay?" He explained it whim Taylor was trying not to cry. She nodded. "Yes, this is the greatest gift ever, Travis, thank you!" She leaned over to kiss him gently. "I love you so much." She whispered.

"I love you, too."

They continued to talk and laugh with each other through the date, and then went home to engage in act two of the surprise.

Later that night, Taylor curled her head into Travis chest so they could drift off to sleep. While Travis slept peacefully, Taylor couldn't stop admiring her promise ring.

Wow, who would've thought that a year ago I was with someone who treated me as if I wasn't even a person. At the time it felt like the only choice I had, but all that relationship taught me was not to settle on someone when you clearly deserve a lot more. I couldn't be happier being with someone who loves me and cherishes me.

Travis subconsciously hugged Taylor closer to her chest while she smiled. Yeah, I'm the luckiest girl in the world.

      ~~~
"But don't tell me you're sorry, boy, feel sorry for yourself, 'cause someday I'll be everything to somebody else" ~ Olivia Rodrigo
~~~

I actually wrote most of this this while driving up to the Olivia Rodrigo concert. It was awesome, btw. She brought Sheryl Crow out as a special guest🔥

Leave Requests here if you have any👉