𝘈 𝘳𝘦𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘰𝘯

"My wings, Rhysand! She wanted to take my wings!"

"She what!?" Rhys yelled as I turned to show him the deep gash on my right wing. "Aurora... I'm so sorry..."

"It hurts when I fly, Rhys. I fell trying to fly away until Amarantha chained me down." I cried, letting myself fall into my brother's arms. "I want to go home, Rhys. I can't stand being Prythian's whore anymore."

For fifty years, Rhysand and I have been stuck being Amarantha's slaves Under the Mountain. Him warning that demon's bed every night and me being sold to the highest bidder.

And if me or Rhys show resistance... let's just say it doesn't turn out good for me.

"Remember who we're doing this for, Aurora. Dreams and Nightmares, our family... our people."

"If you weren't here, I would've gone mad already." I chuckled lightly and wiped my tears. "You have word on-"

"No. I will find a way to write again soon, but we cannot raise suspicions. If Azriel found out what you're forced to do, him and Cass will burn Prythian."

"He hasn't tugged the bond once in the entire time I've been here, Rhys."

Azriel's my mate.

The day the bond settled and we found out was the day I left to find Rhysand after he disappeared for days and ended up Under the Mountain.

And that was fifty years ago.

I haven't been home since then.

"Don't tug on it anymore. We can't risk Amarantha finding out." Rhys ordered and I nodded. "I think I can find a way to get you out, at least for a while. Calanmai's tonight."

"Rhys, I've had enough orgies to last me my immortal life."

"I'm taking you to get some air and dress up however you want. Not how she wants you to dress."

"Only High Lords go."

"Then you're lucky your older brother's one."

"I'm your sister and she'll never let me go." I pointed out and Rhys rolled his eyes.

"But you're a Princess and my right hand."

"Rhys..."

"Let me handle it, okay? I promised I'd take care of you." He assured and pressed a light kiss to my forehead. "Now, please go wash up and I'll get your dress... you stink of Day Court bodily fluids and I'm scared to ask."

"You don't want to know."

"Believe me, I don't."

                    ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅