𝘐𝘭𝘭𝘺𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘯 𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘱𝘴

"I have a favor to ask of you and you might not like it."

"Then why are you asking me, brother?" I asked, not looking up from my book as we both kept eating our breakfast in peace. "Can't I enjoy my meal in peace for once since I've been home?"

"Aurora, a war is happening." Rhysand sighed and I hummed.

"I figured it out when I cut off Amarantha's head, hence my reoccurring nightmares of the battlefield, Rhysand."

"I need my right hand, Aura."

"Ask Cassian. He's been itching to fight somebody since he saw the state of my wings in Calanmai." I spat and heard a door open. "And suddenly, I'm not hungry anymore. Hope you have a good day and I'll see you at dinner."

"Aurora-"

"I'm done fighting, Rhys!" I yelled and the room turned dark for a few moments. "If it's not one thing, it's another and I'm fucking done with it! I'm done with all the bloodshed because Cauldron knows how much I suffered whenever you three brutes left and returned bloody and bruised."

"I've never known you as one to shy away from a fight, Aurora." Cassian called out and tried to place a hand on my shoulder but I pinned him to the ground instead. "Okay, I take it back."

"Amarantha, whether we liked to admit it or not, was the one keeping Hybern away from Prythian." Rhys sighed, rubbing his temples as everyone sat down for breakfast. "You cutting off her head means that there are now bigger threats on their way."

"I'm not talking about this now. I have to go to the Illyrian camps today. When I come back we can talk." Was all I said before pushing my plate forward and stood up. "I should be home no later than by the end of the week."

"Take both of them with you. There's safety in numbers and you know they don't appreciate your sudden visits."

"As if I'm supposed to care what Devlon thinks of my visits."

"Aurora." He warned and I rolled my eyes before turning to Cass and Azriel.

"We leave in ten. Meet me at the mountains and we'll fly from there."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Oh, look who finally decided to make their appearance! If it isn't Prythian's-"

I cut off Devlon by landing a punch right across his face and grabbed the sword he was going to use to cut off a girl's wings.

"Do you have an idea what the punishment is for wing clipping, Devlon?" I snarled and kicked the side of his head. "Death by beheading."

Cauldron, I hate this place.

"You and Rhysand think you can erase centuries of history by implementing one stupid little law?" He chuckled and spat out blood. "You weren't here, Princess."