𝘚𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘊𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦

Days or weeks passed and everything stayed the same.

I can't tell time anymore.

I'd wake up by Amarantha dumping a bucket of freezing water, eat stale and rotting food, get dressed in whatever string she laid out for me and lay on my back until nightfall.

Sometimes, I'd use whatever sliver of power Amarantha left me and use it to render the man unconscious before he even touched me, saying that the head was so good he passed out.

And she fucking believed me.

Just as Azriel promised, his shadow stayed with me most of the day and left just before nightfall, probably to inform him about what was going on.

So, whenever Amarantha didn't have me laying on my back, I'd walk around Under the Mountain in hopes that the shadow gathered just enough to send back home.

Rhys always stopped by before nightfall to help me stand and wash up after the daily activities and he'd take the opportunity to talk to the shadow about his day and what he saw in a way that only Azriel would know to decode.

Amarantha can't know.

"Nuala's running you a bath." Rhys said, walking inside my room. "Why is there blood on the bed?"

"Not mine." I mumbled, wrapping the blanket tighter around my naked form as he helped me sit. "He called me a whore and guess what happened. Looked like he enjoyed it which disgusted me even more, but whatever."

"The kinks some people have, I swear." He sighed and grabbed a hairbrush before sitting next to me. "Should've ripped it off, honestly."

"I'll keep it in mind for next time."

"Amarantha told me to tell you that you're summoned to the Spring Court and you're free to go. Sadly, I cannot accompany you." Rhys hummed and the shadow left my arm, circling around him in rage before sliding under the door and leaving. "Okay, if you're gonna have a pet, control it."

"I can't summon or control shadows anymore, remember? I've been stripped of everything, including my dignity."

"It's probably going to tell him."

"Let it. He can't leave anymore."

"Doesn't mean he won't try."

"And disobey his High Lord, his brother? I'd pay to see that." I chuckled. "Why am I being summoned to that forsaken Court?"

"One of ours has been killed and sent there. Tamlin thinks it's a prank I did after Calanmai." Rhys scoffed and let out a small sigh. "Your hair's so matted, the brush is barely going through now."

"Nuala will fix it. They were handsy and very keen on hair pulling." I waved it off and stood up, wincing at the ache on my lower body. "When do I leave?"

"After your bath and your pet will catch up, no doubt. I'll set out something for you to wear. Your job is to inflict fear on Tamlin and Lucien. Do not harm the human, Aurora." He warned and I nodded. "I want a full report and we'll part from there."

"Set out my Illyrian leathers from when I came here, find Shadow Summoner and Reaper and bring them to me. I'll be back soon."

"If you see their wings-"

"Say nothing and do nothing."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅