𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘊𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘥𝘦

"The hell are you doing here?"

"Oh, isn't it the Lady's new toy!" I grinned and Tamlin pinned me to a wall. "Money goes to the Lady and then you can play."

"Where is she?" Tamlin growled, gripping the talons of my wings and I hissed.

"Don't know what you're talking about, Tamlin."

"You know damn sure who I'm talking about." He said and pushed me to the ground. "She is not a pawn in your game."

"All of you are pawns for me, Tamlin. Worthless little pawns that I can move wherever and whenever I choose." I smirked and kept my wings tight on my back. "Rhys! Tamlin's loose!"

"Busy." Rhys grumbled and I already knew what he meant. "Walk away, Aura."

"He pushed me, you piece of Wyrm shit. I'm not letting that go."

"Then beat his ass and hide for a few days until this bitch simmers down. I'll check up on you soon."

"Why are you even here, Aurora?" Tamlin asked as I stood up.

"I was sent by the Lady to check up on everyone and offer my services should they need it."

"Consider me checked." He rolled his eyes and turned to close the door, but I placed my foot in the way.

"You're barking in the wrong place, Tam Tam. Attitude like that can get you killed. I'm looking out for you."

"Why the hell do you care? You certainly didn't care when you cut off my father's head that night."

"An eye for an eye. You killed my mother first."

"Two nights before we were wed?"

"It was arranged by our fathers. I had no intentions of marrying you and I still don't." I spat.

After the War and in an attempt to gather more allies for our Court and to put me in my place as punishment, my father arranged a marriage for me and Tamlin.

I don't remember much in the events leading up to it. All I remember is the House of Wind coming close to collapse and Cassian and Azriel dragging me to the borders to blow some steam by killing any nearby threats.

However, a few weeks before the wedding, Tamlin's father took my mother and sister and sent them back to our Court dead and with their wings missing for reasons unknown to me.

After their deaths and Rhysand became High Lord, he gave me power over the Court almost immediately. To prove a point, he hosted a ceremony in the Court of Nightmares for all of the High Lords where I was named High Princess of the Night Court and his equal in both reign and power.

When everyone and their mothers began to protest as to why a woman should rule over a Court, Rhys was the first one to bow in front of me, Cass and Azriel following close behind.

Tamlin was the first to protest, of course. Saying that a woman should never be given such power, especially one who was clearly insane in wanting to fight a war.

And that's where it all went downhill between our two Courts.

"Too independent for your own good." He scoffed.

"Too powerful for your prehistoric mind to comprehend. After all, I am High Princess." I taunted and he pinned me against the wall again, his hand tightly squeezing my neck.

"I want you to listen carefully." He snarls, talons appearing and scratching my neck. "You don't get to come and parade that title that clearly means nothing down here or to the other Courts. Rhysand clearly doesn't have any use of you other than offer a good fuck to establish allies in the other Courts."